Destiny is Calling

Alicia's POV

"I will never take it back, " he says," I will never take back the I love you's and the special moments when we were alone, just you and me.

A tear gently slid down my face from my stormy grey eyes that stared into his dazzling blue eyes. He twirled my raven black hair around his long, slender fingers. I remember us holding hands and him smiling at me. But that was before he was diagnosed with cancer, before our world fell apart. My love was going to die soon because they could not heal him. A sob escaped my throat at the memory of them telling me that Alex was going to die.

"shhh Ali shhhh it's going to be ok," he says softly, but I'm not the one who should be getting comforted, its him he's the one who's going to die. Another tear escapes my eye at the prospect of the one I love dying.

The wolf inside me howled at the prospect of losing her mate the one who was destined to be with my entire life. It was my fault he was on his death bed though. Reason being is the fact that Hectaren, the goddess of hate and revenge, had decided to give me a curse stating that whoever I loved would die. Now I know he said that it was Hectarens fault but I know different, I was never meant to fall in love because Destiny had another plan for me. I was never meant to fall in love, but I ignored my instincts and listened to my wolf, who can be very foolish when it comes to love.

I don't know what destiny wants but I have a feeling it's not good.

I listened. Listening to his heart slowing down and his breathing becoming more labored.

And right in front of me Alex Oakfield, the one I was meant to love unconditionally and never lose, died.

Pain, a numbing pain, filled up inside me. The wolf that belongs to me threatened to rip apart it's restraints. I sprinted out into the forest a changed mid-bound. I was a black wolf, dark as midnight, all creatures that saw me ran faster thwart the eye could see.

It was raining, drips of water fell onto my already soaking fur. I knew I had to go back soon, I had to face that bastard of a stepfather who had never given a damn when I had turned zombie. For the past two years I hadn't eaten and hardly slept, I had rarely left my mates side praying to someone that he would be saved.

I entered the house the place I called hell. My father stepped out in front of me.

"Where have you been!" he demanded.

"I was out for a run. Sorry I didn't come back," I replied.

He growled a dangerous sound. He may not be a werewolf but he sure is dangerous. Then he slapped me , hard, across the face. My wolf was really pissed at that but I calmed her down and got up to leave, but that fucking asshole decided to sit on me and punch me in the face. I simply lay there taking each and every blow, not really feeling any pain. Finally I passed out.