Falling Back to You

"You there! Bring me another glass," ordered Mr. Silvers, a Hollywood bigwig, who had came to the party with the latest starlet he sponsored in tow. He had an half empty glass in his hand and looked blearily at the maid that had just walked by him without another glance when he had hollered at her.

"HELLO," he said irritably as he squinted at her, "I'm talking to you in the glasses."

The mousy brunette waitress finally seemed to realize that he had been talking to her this entire time. She paused and slowly turned around. "I'm sorry, are you speaking to me sir?" She asked. Her voice was polite but her gaze was chilling.

Mr. Silvers cleared his throat, remembering he had the upper hand, and sarcastically retorted, "Do you see any other hired helps around here? Yes I'm talking to you." He then muttered under his breath, "What a halfwit."

Right. Emily was annoyed at how entitled this man was but she couldn't risk wasting time arguing with this drunkard. She had to get to Kyle's room quickly, but if she just ignored this drunk man, or worse told him off, then he might make a bigger scene which would waste even more time. She knew what choice she had to make.

Emily slapped on a smile and quickly apologized, "how can I help you sir?"

He sighed, "I asked for another glass, didn't I?"

"Right away, sir," said Emily.

"Marlee," He said to the starlet next to him. "If I hadn't scouted you on the streets, that could've been your life. You're lucky to have me. You know that right?"

Marlee smiled sunnily, "of course, Mr. Silvers."

He grinned pleased at her compliance. Emily rolled her eyes. She quickly walked over to the bar and grabbed a flute of champagne. When she got back to where she last saw Mr. Silvers, she felt her skin crawl at what she saw. Mr. Silvers had his hairy paws all over the starlet he had brought as his date and it was clear as day the starlet was not at all interested. She kept trying to push him off of her while protesting as politely as possible but he wouldn't budge, pressing her closer to the wall and groping her rear end. Emily stomped over and without thinking, poured the champagne over his ass.

"Here's the champagne you asked for," she said scathingly sweetly. "Oops, looks like my hands slipped."

"You stupid cow," he roared.

"Oh, I wouldn't yell like that if I were you. If people saw the state you're in right now, they would probably think you peed yourself. Let's get you to the washroom right away." She attempted to usher him away from the poor girl who was scrambling to get away. She mouthed a thank you before dipping into the crowd.

"How dare you?" He raised his hand ready to hit her when someone grabbed his wrist firmly.

"What's the matter here, Charles?" Said a smooth, deep voice. Emily turned around to face familiar cobalt blue eyes and a glittering smile. Right behind her stood Brandon Duncan, the host of the evening.

"Brandon," blustered Mr. Silvers. "This wench in your staff needs to be fired immediately. Look at the mess she made," he said pointing to his pants.

Mr. Duncan nodded, "I see. Let me ensure that you're changed out of those pants immediately. Please follow my butler and he will take you to my closet. I just had a couple boxes delivered from Dior." Mr. Duncan handed Mr. Silvers a cloth napkin. "You can use that to cover the wet spot."

Mr. Silvers huffed but took the napkin as he trailed along Butler Lafayette. Then Brandon Duncan turned to Emily. His dark blue eyes seemed to glower when he suddenly broke out into a wide smile.