The Kidnapping

The air was filled with children's screams. But not the scared kind, no, this was the excited type of scream, that you would hear from a child who just received the best gift they could on their birthday.

William was watching over the the filled playground of children and adults alike, listening to the chatter and laughter. He put a pill in his mouth and swallowed it down with a little beer.

He saw one girl playing by herself on the swing, and walked over to her confidently.

"Hello, young lady." He greeted.

The girl waved back.

"Do you want to see my friends? He asked her. "They sing and dance, and have lots of colours. And they are very friendly."

The girl was hesitant but nodded softly in the end, as she took Williams hand and was lead off back to the building.

"Here they are" William presented. He took the girl round to each of the animatronics showing them off one by one.

"Now his voice is slightly crazy but you'll learn to love it." William said.

He led her over to Funtime Golden Freddy and stood her directly in front of him. "He's a special one." William continued. "And he wants to be your friend."

The girl wore a curious look upon her face as she stepped forward to examine the animatronic.

"Here take a closer look." William said to her as he lifted her up.

•••

William closed the chest and faceplates of the animatronic, striking an aggressive yet disgusted expression on his face. He put his ear close to the animatronics speaker, hearing a very faint screaming.

"Shh..." He said towards the speaker. "Its time to go to sleep."

The atmosphere changed very quickly for William. Guilt rotted away at his mind whilst the mixture of pills and alcohol took a toll on his mental health. He was happy with what he had done, but shouldn't of been. He was satisfied, but shouldn't of been. He was proud, but shouldn't have been.

Another change. The sound of police sirens rung in his head. William panicked. He cleaned the surface of Funtime Golden Freddy and his hands as well. Each step to the sink was in time with every knock at the door.

"Police, open up!" A voice called from behind the door.

William collected himself, his thoughts, feelings and emotions. He paced back and forth, sweating, sweating with excitement but ridden with guilt. He held the door handle tight, and with one mighty swing it was open.

"Good afternoon, Mr Afton. May we come in?" One of the officers asked.

"But of course" William responded.

•••

The police found nothing. No traces of anyone, no signs or hints. They left as they arrived, with nothing.

As for William... he forgot.