Left unaware that the lone store owner

The next morning I awoke to a text.
'Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me tomorrow?'
I got really happy reading that and quickly texted back.
'I'd love to❤'
Is sending a heart emoji to much? Probably.
Nothing happened all day, making it feel longer than it actually was.
Eventually night came around, I couldn't sleep though. I was way too excited to see cody.
I feel asleep really late but I woke up early the next day. Cody wants me to meet him at a park that's about a mile away from my house.
It's close enough to walk to. The day seemed long until I had about half an hour to meet cody. I decided to start walking.
I walked slowly and made it to the park with five minutes to spare. Soon after I saw cody walking up to me.
"Hey," I said as he pulls me into a hug.
"Avery, I really, really like you. Can we, um. Can we be boyfriend girlfriend?" He acted really shy as he said it. He had his right hand behind his neck and his left hand was holding mine.
"Yes!" I say surprised.
The rest of the night we were playing games on the play ground. It was one of the best nights of my life.
"It's kinda late, I should get back home before Maxx gets worried. After our parents died I shouldn't worry him." I say sadly, I don't want to leave cody but I can't stay forever.
"I can walk you home if you like."
"That'll be amazing,"
We talked and laughed the entire way home until we reached my door step.
"Well, this is it." I say looking into his eyes.
The unexpected happened when he leaned in and kissed me. Im not sure what to think but im happy. When he slowly pulled away he said,  "when can I see you again?"
"I have no plans next Tuesday." My cheeks are so red from blushing.
"I'll see you Tuesday then," Cody turned and walked away.
I walk in the house and was greated with a worried Maxx.
"Where have you been? Did you just kiss Cody?"
"One question at a time please."
"You do love him," Maxx had a smile on his face when he said that.
"I guess I do."