Good News. [1]

The sound of a little bell jingled as the door to the record shop opened. The rather bored employee, looked up for a second and then look back down at the counter. But, then their head shot back up because the customer was H O T. Her naturally red-ish lips quirked up at the sight of him and she sneakily stole glances at the handsome fellow.

   He had a large mound of perfectly tamed dark curly hair that sat on his pretty little head. His face was long with a chiseled jaw line and plump lips with bright hazel eyes. She caught herself staring and snapped out of that when the door to the little music shop slammed open, revealing her long time friend Jenny.

"I got the good news." She stated with a smirk and waltzed over to the counter where her friend was standing, slightly shaken from the loud entrance. The girl at the register quirked an eyebrow in response to her friend's statement. Her hand smacked down onto the counter-top while saying, "You're gonna wanna see this." The man that had previously come in, was watching this scene unravel from behind a crate of records. Her hands delicately unfolded the paper and her eyes widened.

"Holy shit...they actually got it." The poster was an advertisement for their theatre performance coming up soon. It showed the protagonist and antagonist with their sidekicks and minions. It was good, to say the least.

"Please tell me you are putting those up around this area, we gotta sell this show somehow." Jenny nodded, "Oh yea Dex, the first one's going to be put up in here. We'll catch lots of heads with it in this place." Dex fist-bumped her with a large smile.

"How is everyone? Busy, I hope." Jenny laughed and rubbed the back of her neck.

"Well...it's hard not having you there to scream at everyone, so we ACTUALLY get work done. It's a bit of a mess. You'll be there tonight, right?" Dex smirked and crossed her arms.

"Couldn't do the show without my conjured twin now, could I?"

"Damn straight." They both laughed and Jenny bid Dex a farewell and thumb-tacked a poster to the bulletin board by the door of the shop. The jingle echoed through the almost empty store as Jenny left. Dex sighed and smiled to herself as she flexed her fingers. "Fantastic." She whispered happily.

"Um..excuse me, ma'am?" Dex's short hair bounced as she flicked her head upward to meet the gaze of the voice. She became flustered and stuttered over her words for a little bit.

"Y-Yes, can I help you with something?" He was even more of a sculpture up close. She pushed his looks aside and finally addressed his question.

"Yes, can you direct me to the guitar picks and straps?" Her face lit up.

"Sure, follow me." Dex smiled, hopped over the counter and walked in front of the young man.

"T-Thank you." She weaved through the isles and ended up in the far right area of the store.

"Here you are. If you need anything else, let me know." He eyed her shirt that held her name tag and smiled.

"Thanks...Dex." She nodded, a light shade of pink growing on her face, and went back to the register. Oof. No one uses my name or even takes the time to scope out my nametag to reply. What a freakin' gentleman. When she got back to the counter, her co-worker, Tyler was there.

"Hey. I'm here a little early." Dex shrugged in response. "Eh, happens to some of us. You taking my shift?" Tyler let out a dramatic sigh.

"I guess." The two co-workers chuckled as Dex grabbed her bag and her motorcycle helmet.

"Take care, Ty."

"You too." Dex took one last glace at the man looking through the guitar picks and straps. He seemed to be deep in thought about which to buy, so, she waltzed over to him.

"Hey, just in case you want to, the ugly strap is the cheapest but, it's actually one of the strongest. You can just dye it or live with the color.." He looked slightly startled and blushed a little at his embarrassment.

"Oh uh, t-thank you. What did you do with yours? T-That is if you have one but, if you gave me that tip then it would be obvious you've bought one before—" He stopped as soon as he realized he was rambling and flushed a darker shade of red. Dex smiled,

"Yeah. I just dyed it a brighter color. Now, my friends tease me on the color. So, just don't pick a color like that, is what I'm trying to say." The guy smiled at her and then she turned on her heel, leaving the music store. That left him in a small state of panic because she just showed up and gave him a nice tip on what's the best, and he just felt like he came off so stupidly to the girl. The jingle of the door opening and closing brought him out of his head as his gaze followed her as she walked down the street to her motorcycle.

Thanks for reading. Hope you'll enjoy what comes next J