One

Aidyn's POV

I sat in my cousin's office while her and my best friend worked together on some paperwork. I might want to add that they are mates, the person a wolf can't live without. I'm currently twenty-one years old and I still haven't found my mate. I sighed and got up before walking out and down the stairs.

I walked into the kitchen and saw my Uncle Blake and his mate laughing as they cooked. I sighed and walked out of the kitchen. I went to the back of the house and walked into the woods. I looked down while I walked the familiar path to the waterfall. Once I looked up I internally groaned when I saw five rogues before I got there. Their scents weren't masked except for two.

I mind linked my cousin and carefully watched them with my scent masked. I quietly watched before I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out and saw my mom and dad calling. I sighed and ran off just as some guards were running towards the rogues.

"Capture them and take them to the cells." I said sternly with authority laced into my voice.

"Will do Beta Aydin," they responded before running off.

I answered my phone while running, "What's wrong dad?"

Get to the pack house and meet in your cousin's office.

I quickly answered before shoving my phone in my pocket while unmasking my scent and running into the pack house. I walked up to the office and saw my parents and my cousin and her mate in there.

"So the rogues were captured and put in the holding cells, but since you have a meeting you have to go to that will last a week we will have to wait to question them since that is your job." My dad said as my cousin agreed.

"Why?"

"Well you have always got them to answer your questions so why change it up. Besides you are the most intimidating one out of the whole pack." My cousin said with a slight smile.

I nodded then walked out and went to my room to finish packing before I left.

**********
Alyssa's POV

I struggled to get out of the hold of the warrior wolves but it was no use. I hadn't ate in days so I was low on strength. I hung my head in defeat as they led me to the cells. This would be a good time for my maye to come get me but I haven't found mine and I'm nineteen.

They threw me into the cell and I let out a groan before getting up. I went to grab the bars as I shook them and yelled at the guards. I instantly regretted it as three stormed towards my cell. I gasped and backed away mumbling sorry over and over again. It was to late though because before I knew it I was in the corner receiving hit after hit.

Once they left I stayed in the corner. There was no way I was going to do anything like that ever again. It hurt to move but I moved myself to a position so I was laying on my side. I heard the people come back as I cowarded into the corner.

"You guys are in luck. The Beta is at a meeting and won't be back for a week. Enjoy your time while you have it." They said before walking off.

We all looked at each other and talked about who the beta could possibly be. For some reason I felt lile meeting the Beta would be good for me. How? I have no clue but I intend to find out. They brought us food and then left allowing us to eat. I however didn't touch my food.

There was no way that I was going to take a bite and it turn out to be poisoned. Instead I laid my head on my arm and slowly fell asleep as the others ate their food. I wasn't hungry and I wasn't about to tackle a bite of food that could be poisonous especially after what happened today with those awful guards.

Her dream

I was running through the woods when I smelt the most amazing scent in the world. The smell of wet wood and mint, which made my heart go crazy. My wolf kept screaming at me to follow the scent and claimed that it was our mate.

I was excited so I of course followed the scent since I've want to meet my mate for years now. All the stories that I have heard of about mates made me want to meet mine even more. They said you would smell your mate before you even met him and that it would make it feel as though your heart had sped up.

Stories also say that when you guys lock eyes you feel the pull they have on you and you will want to do anything to see them smile. They are also said that they will love you no matter what and that was something that I have always wanted and I was close to meeting him. The smell of my mate got stronger the closer I got which made me even more excited about meeting him.

I got to a clearing and saw him only his backlinks was turned so I couldn't see his face. Suddenly it felt as though as he was disappearing into thin air. I tried to grab him but it was no use.

End of dream

I woke up with a start and looked around. It was morning once again and I was still in my cell. I was sore but other than that I was healed completely. Now I only had six more days before meeting the beta of this pack and hopefully got out of here alive so that way I could continue to find my mate. I groaned and saw the others waiting as the food slowly came closer to us. I hope it was something good at least.