- ʜᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ + ᴛɪᴘs

。✿*゚a request i got was "how to come out" ; i personally have not come out for a specific reason , my parents are homophobic and i don't know 100% how they would react but i know badly

. 。✿*゚a request i got was "how to come out" ; i personally have not come out for a specific reason , my parents are homophobic and i don't know 100% how they would react but i know badly. so i just wanted to clarify <3 but i hope these will help! °*✿。. ‎

two key things you need to think through ; are your parents against anything lgbtq+ and how would they react?

your safety and well being is so important so maybe before coming out bring up something to do with the community (ex. maybe something you saw on the news or that one of your classmates came out etc.) another thing is you do not need to rush yourself, take your time.

it took me awhile for me to be comfortable with who i am and figure out my sexuality , it's more than okay to be confused, take your time !

if your too nervous / anxious to tell them face to face you could write a letter of message your guardian(s) if you would like to tell them in person though you can pick when you'd like to, when your ready approach them and say you'd like to speak to them.

to anyone wanting to come out : im so proud of you and hope everything goes well! if you aren't comfortable enough yet that's okay and im still soso proud of you too! you're valid and strong, my dms are always open!

1-888-843-4564 ɪs ᴀ ғʀᴇᴇ ʟᴇsʙɪᴀɴ, ɢᴀʏ,  ʙɪsᴇxᴜᴀʟ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀᴀɴsɢᴇɴᴅᴇʀ ɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ ʜᴏᴛʟɪɴᴇ. ᴛʜᴇʏ sᴘᴇᴀᴋ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴄᴀʟʟᴇʀs ᴏғ ᴀʟʟ ᴀɢᴇs ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ-ᴏᴜᴛ ɪssᴜᴇs, ɢᴇɴᴅᴇʀ ɪᴅᴇɴᴛɪᴛʏ, ʀᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴsʜɪᴘ ᴄᴏɴᴄᴇʀɴs, ʙᴜʟʟʏɪɴɢ, ᴡᴏʀᴋᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ɪssᴜᴇs,  ʜɪᴠ/ᴀɪᴅs ᴀɴxɪᴇᴛʏ ᴀɴᴅ sᴀғᴇʀ-sᴇx ɪɴғᴏʀᴍᴀᴛɪᴏɴ & ᴍᴏʀᴇ.

ʟᴏᴠᴇ, ᴇᴍᴍᴀ