Chapter Five

Maddie's POV

   I slowly awoke to the familiar whine of my alarm clock. I shut it off and walked into my bathroom. I took a shower last night, so I brushed my teeth and started getting ready for school.

 I took a shower last night, so I brushed my teeth and started getting ready for school

Maddie's Outfit

   I finally convinced the boys to set their own alarms, so I didn't have to wake them up. I went downstairs and made myself some cereal. I read one of my books while eating and waited for the boys.

   Brandon trudged down the stairs still in his pajamas, and I gave him a confused look. He must've noticed me staring because he shoved my head.

   "I don't feel like going to school today, so Dylan is driving you and Tatum." Brandon said.

   I nodded and finished eating. My parents don't really get mad at Brandon for not going to school some days. They just expect it from him. Dylan and Tatum walked downstairs and motioned for me to get ready to leave. Once I rinsed out my bowl, I grabbed my books and rushed to the car.

   I climbed into the backseat, and Tatum got into the front. Tatum and I rarely get to sit in the front seat which sucks.

   "Oh by the way, I have football practice after school." Dylan informed.

   "I'm going to my friends house after school, so don't wait for me." Tatum said.

   I groaned knowing that I would have to wait for Dylan after school. Once we arrived at school, I rushed to my first period. 

   I watched the clock all day while counting the minutes till lunch. When the lunch bell finally rang, I went to my regular spot outside. I sat down under the large oak tree and pulled out my book. I wasn't really hungry, so I decided not to eat.

  I'm usually the only person who eats outside, so it was weird when I heard a loud commotion coming my way. I turned around and saw a bunch of boys laughing and tossing a football around. I just assumed that they were coming to the open field in front of where I was sitting, so I turned back around and kept reading.

   After peacefully reading for about five minutes, I felt a sharp pain in my leg. I screamed and clutched my leg. I looked over and saw those boys laughing. I tried to see who they were, and I noticed that one of the boys was Dylan. 

   "Throw the ball back!" Dylan shouted and pointed to the football that was a few feet ahead of me.

   I stood up and groaned at the pain coming from my leg. I walked over to the football and picked it up. I brought it back to Dylan and turned around to walk back to my spot, but someone put me in a headlock. I looked up to see Dylan's best friend, Grant.

 I looked up to see Dylan's best friend, Grant

↑ Grant 

   Grant is equally annoying as Dylan, if not more. I've known him pretty much my whole life, so he is like a brother to me.

   "Get off me, Grant!" I whined.

   Grant grinned and started giving me a noogie. Everybody near us started laughing as I struggled even more. He eventually let go, and I slapped his chest. He held up his fist, and I flinched.

   "You're so scared of me." Grant said while laughing.

   "Am not!" I said trying to stand tall.

   That didn't make me any taller though. Grant is the same height as Dylan which is annoying.

   "You excited to hang out with me at football practice?" Grant asked while still giving me a noogie.

   "No!" I yelled and struggled even more.

   "Are you sure?" Grant said grinning as he gave me a harder noogie.

   "Fine! I am." I said finally giving in.

   Grant let go and laughed. I walked off back to my spot and waited for lunch to end.

Once school ended, I walked to the football field. I set my books down on the bleachers and started doing my homework.

   "Maddie!" 

   I looked up and saw Dylan motioning for me to come down to the field. I shook my head and ignored him. Dylan started to run up the bleachers, and I gulped. He is definitely going to try and embarrass me, so I started to run down the opposite side of the bleachers.

   I heard him yelling after me to stop, but I didn't. I am not very athletic, so I had to think of a way to outsmart him. 

   "Grant, grab her!" Dylan yelled as I passed Grant.

   Grant was confused until he saw me. He snaked his arm around my waist and hoisted me up.

   "Put me down! I yelled while kicking my legs.

   Dylan laughed as he approached me. The rest of the football team circled around us.

   "Why were you running?" Dylan teased.

   "Because you and these meatheaded jocks are idiots!" I said and clenched my jaw.

   Some of the football players looked angry, but some kept laughing.

   "You shouldn't have said that." Grant whispered to me.

   "You shouldn't insult upperclassman." Dylan tsked. 

   I rolled my eyes and squirmed around more.Dylan nodded at Grant to drop me. I fell onto my butt and mentally groaned.

  "We can either do this the easy way or hard way." Dylan said.

   I didn't know what the "easy" or "hard" way was, so I just stayed quiet.

   "Hard way it is." Dylan said and scooped me up.

   "What!?" I yelled. "Put me down"

   He walked over to a janitor's closet and threw me in. Dylan quickly shut and locked the door.

   "Let me out!" I shouted as I banged on the door.

   I could hear him laughing and high-fiving his friends. I can't believe he would lock me in here! 

Thanks for reading! Feel free to suggest ideas!