Chapter 5

Álvaro's P.O.V.

I stood in the middle of the kitchen for a few seconds, stunned at her reaction. I never thought she would react like this. I was about to say that last night had been perfect when she interrupted me to turn the conversation upside down.

I did not want to talk to María. Regardless of Beatriz wanting to be with me, I did not want to be with María anymore...

I did speak to her but to tell her that the reason why I was breaking up with her had nothing to do with Bea and that she only wanted both of us to be happy. I told her I thought that could only happen if we led our separate lives...

That night, I told Bea that I'd gotten back together with her when it wasn't true. Because I didn't want her to feel pressured. I had the slightest hope that she would change her mind eventually, even if I was "taken"...

I now realized how much fun I had with her. She'd always been the perfect companion and I'd been too blind to see that. I'd been way too focused on thinking of her as just as friend. But now that she'd been mine, that she'd been completely vulnerable under my touch, I was fully aware of her feminine side at all times.

That didn't happen before because she thinks like a man and her opinions aren't as biased by feelings as other girls'. I'd already fallen in love with the personality, now I was falling in love with the woman.

Beatriz's P.O.V.

I don't know if it happened to him but I felt this tension around us all the time. Like whatever pushed me last time would make me kiss him again at any given moment. That's why I'd found myself a distraction and I was about to tell him about it.

"Hey, listen, I...I've kind of been seeing someone." "What? Who?" "Paul. You know Paul. From the tennis panel on the show." "Paul? Bea, come on. He's an idiot." "So are you." I joked, shoving him. He chuckled and added: "If he makes you happy, I'm all good." He said, raising his palms in defeat. "That's better." He offered his hand so we could do the handshake.

Álvaro's P.O.V.

Paul. That asshole. I'd been alone for a little more than a month even though everybody (I kept telling the press that I just didn't have the time to visit, what with training and games) thought I was still with María, including Beatriz. Thankfully, she'd kept quiet. But I had told Bea the truth in this respect: as long as she was happy, I was happy.