Consequences

"Alex, I don't know what you think you know but -"

"Oh fucking save it, I walked in and found her naked in your bed. What other explanation is there huh?"

"I think I should go." Rachel muttered, her head staring down at the floor.

"That's it, run away. Fuck up my life then leave."

"How has this got anything to do with you?" Danny demanded, suddenly feeling very protective over the woman that was promised to someone else.

"You've been screwing my best friend! Did you really think I wasn't going to find out about this?"

"I didn't give two fucks about you finding out. You and I are not together, who do you think you are to pass judgment on us?"

"This wasn't a one night thing Alex." Rachel said.

"Oh really? How long has this been going on? I knew you two didn't come here together the other day by accident. I take it Sam doesn't know?"

"No he doesn't."

"It's not been going on that long." Danny tried to justify.

"I know exactly how long it's been going on. You've barely been here the last month and now Sam's back, so are you! Go and put some fucking clothes on."

Danny only did as she was told because she hadn't realised how cold she was, it had been hidden by the adrenaline of knowing their secret was out. She looked at Rachel before she left to retrieve some dry clothes.

"Alex, I'm sorry I hurt you, I know how you feel about her but it just happened. There's something there."

"Jesus Rach, listen to yourself. What are you wanting to achieve out of this or is it just some drama for your sad little life."

"I love her."

"Oh for fuck sake!"

"I can't help it, I've tried."

"Have you told her?"

"Told her what? That I love her? No."

"And the baby?" Alex knew she hadn't from the look of fear that spread over her face.

"What baby?" Danny asked, walking back into the kitchen, fully clothed and dry.

"Alex, please don't do this, not right now."

"What's wrong Rach? You love her, you should be honest with her. Are you worried she'll leg it?"

"You love me?" The photographer was frightened yet thrilled at the prospect.

"Danny, I'm so sorry."

"Tell me what is going on." She said, cupping Rachel's face in her hands.

"Well Rachel has dreamt of having -"

"Not fucking you. I haven't asked you anything. Shut the fuck up or get the fuck out. Actually, there's no reason we have to be here to have this conversation." She took Rachel's hand and was pleased when she followed her without question, she led her the familiar route to the darkroom.

Rachel's heart was pounding, not by lust this time but because she knew, in order to be honest, she'd be risking everything they had but she had to explain before Alex did.

"Hey, come here." She took Rachel into her arms now they were alone. "It's ok, it's gonna be ok. She may have threatened to tell Sam but she won't. Honestly, I know she can be a bitch but she wouldn't do that to you."

"It's not that ..."

"Look, I can grab your things and you -" Danny was cut off as Rachel pulled away from her.