iii. a stark

ASHE OSBORNE'S eyes fluttered open, a magnetic humming in her ears, as dust particles adorned the room and so did sunlight, shining through the meek curtains as a waking up call. She groaned before, roughly tossing herself off the bed, and getting prepared for school.

She made her way into the kitchen, to find Rayne holding an apple and eating it solemnly, her irises found Ashe's and she let out a smile.

"Hey, how ya' doing? Did you sleep well?" She said, tossing the apple in the trash with a clank.

" Yeah, I really didn't wanna wake up, but.. I was having this weird dream, then again it was a dream. It couldn't possibly be real." She muttered, fiddling with her fingers and biting the bottom part of her lip quite harshly.

The dream was abnormal, like something that would happen in a movie, or a Wattpad story.

Ashe woke up in a river, above her was a sunset that glimmered and in front of her was a sort of building, a small one at that. It had a human figure in it, and that figure was coming towards her,  and as it got closer, the figure was a female, with blonde hair,  and she cupped Ashe's face in hers.

"I'm so proud of you." The female whispered, tears gleaming in her eyes, as they ran down her face, a smile on it as well.

"I'm sorry.. but who are you?" Ashe asked, removing the woman's hands, the woman looked at her for a bit, as her eyes darkened and she backed away.

"Don't go to the airport." Then everything started to fade away and she woke up.

"Yeah, it was just a dream." she muttered quietly, grabbing a apple and heading out the door to school. Her footsteps echoed on the concrete, as her pace quickened, the earth working it's marvels. She eventually made her way into the school, and her homeroom.

"Hey." a voice whispered in her ear, making her face heat up from the close proximity, ash head turned around to meet Peter Parker once again, whom was sitting on his chair and making eye contact with Ashe.

"O-oh, sorry! Did that bother you?! I-I c-could've just normally spoke to you - I'm so sorry!" Peter rambled, his eyes wandering to anywhere but her.

"Peter." Ashe said quietly, finally making his eyes rest on hers. "It's okay. I was just taken aback, you don't have to make a big deal about it." She gave him a warm smile.

Peter finally paused, and they both just stared at each other, Peter, seeming deep in thought. Ashe, staring at Peter because something about him seemed to calm him down, and make her feel better about the world and all of the horrible things currently going on around her.

Like the fact she was going to fail that algebra test, she just knew it. But she still had to make a effort or Rayne would literally murder her and ground her.

THREE HOURS LATER

Ashe groaned in abhorrence, as the class was finally let out for the day. As the students filed out, Peter caught up with her, so they started walking together.

"Hey, would you like to come over to my Aunt May's house? She's a really nice person, and you two would get along really well!"

She smiled at the invite, and replied "Sure, Pete."

As they got closer to his Aunt May's house, Ashe noticed something, a really big car that looked as though it belonged to a billionaire.

"Hey, is that your Aunt May's car?" Ashe turned, around to ask Peter, who had earbuds plugged into his ears. He turned toward where her hand was motioning and nodded no.

Huh. That's really weird. If it's not his aunt's car then whose is it? As Peter opened the door, he called out and said, "Hey, Aunt May, there was this really strange car outside. And I bought my friend with me so I hope that -."

Peter and Ashe both stopped in their tracks when they realized they were staring into the barrel hole that was Tony Stark's sunken eyes.