Chapter Two

The hub looks similar to the rest of the base. With its grey walls, florescent lights and lack of color. This is the biggest room we have here and it's located at the center of our base. The decorations include a large metal table and chairs in the center of the room, and some computer screens on the far wall. To the right there is a tiny kitchen area, and some tattered couches on the left.

When I arrive, most everyone is already there in their seats.....except for Miles of course. If anyone needs their beauty sleep it's him. He is way to dramatic, and grumpy without it.

Miles has a slight obsession with his looks. He constantly complains about the bags under his eyes after little sleep from the job, and he also takes the longest is the shower. Which is a real inconvenience when you have to share hot water with the five other people living here! But he also is the only person with a good sense of humor, so I tolerate his petty obsessions.

I just get to my seat next to Blade when, speak of the devil Miles sluggishly walks in the room. He looks just as tired as I feel, but of course he looks ten times more miserable. He takes his seat next to my left, and proceeds to glare daggers at Bruce who is at the head of the table. It is almost comical.... almost, my sense of humor doesn't appear when it hasn't been well rested.

Bruce is looking down at his tablet when he speaks, "You two sulking isn't going to make this meeting go over well. So I suggest you get over it."

Miles grunts then leans back in his chair while crossing his arms, and I roll my eyes at Bruce.

"Well if we had our meetings at a reasonable hour maybe we would be a bit more cheerful." Miles states sarcastically. I roll my eyes again this time at Miles for his drama this early in the morning.

"Shut up Princess." Now this comment comes from Rex, who currently looks like he could murder the next person who spoke. The guy has serious anger problems, and he doesn't particularly like Miles, which a lot has to do with the fact that they are polar opposites.

Miles has that charismatic personality that matches his boyish handsomeness. With his messy dirty blonde hair, and kind brown eyes he gets all sorts of female attention. While Rex is rough, ill-tempered, and very intimidating, especially in his looks. He has his dark hair cut military style, he is a least 6'7". The guy has huge shoulders, massive tanned muscles, and numerous scars that definitely make you think twice before messing with him. Yep, total opposites.

With an exaggerated sigh Rumi asks, "Can we get on with this already?" As I look at her from across the table, she has a bored expression on her face as she studies her nails.

Rex and her have the same colored skin and dark hair, and that is the only thing that gives them away as siblings. We call them the terror twins, because when they use their abilities, destruction is in thier wake.

Bruce clears his throat to get our attention, "This job is a stealth mission, we get what we need and we are out of there before anyone realizes something is missing." These kind of jobs are my favorite, they pay good and usually nobody gets hurt..... by me.

"Blake, Violet, and Miles are the only ones entering the building, to get what we need. While the rest of us will be the get away drivers or the distraction if necessary.... Only if necessary." He pauses a second to give the twins a knowing look. The terrors have a tendency to want to be in the center of the action, even when it's not neccessary. Rumi huffs in annoyance, but that's all the complaining we get from them.

He continues, "This is the map of the their base, what we need is in this room." He turns around and we all look at the monitors behind him. The building is quite a bit larger than I was expecting, and the room we need is in the center of the base. "What we are after is just information, so you will need to put this in the main computer tower." He holds up a small chip the size if my pinky nail. "It will take about three minutes to get what we need then you guys get back the the rendezvous point."

Miles speaks next, "Yeah, yeah, we know the drill. How much does this job pay? That's all I need to know."

The corner of Bruce's mouth lifts up as he says, "150,000 bits, with six months of resource." We all gasped, and Miles cursed under his breath. "That's the mother load!" I say loudly, "How in the world did we get a job like that?" Bits is our form of currency, its mostly electronic, and a little goes a long way now a days. But when it comes to resources like clean water, food, and clothing it's like gold. Most of our jobs give us a month tops, but 6 months is unheard of!

Blake the most ominous of the crew finally speaks, "Who are we taking the information from?" He isn't excited like the rest of us, instead he actually got more tense and was staring hard at Bruce. This question makes my excitment pause. Cause if someone is paying us this much for one job, then this job has to be risky.

Bruce looks away from Blade and braces himself as he says, "It's a H.U.S.H. base."

My blood runs cold from horror, and my heart stops. I can feel the anxiety in the room rise as everyone processes his words.

Miles whispers to the room, "You've got to be kidding me."