- the last day

Derry Maine 1989 The last bell rung for the last time this year

Derry Maine 1989

The last bell rung for the last time this year. It was officially summer. Most kids were going on vacations or just relaxing in the comfort of their home. Not for Abigail White, she was determined to find her best friend, her only friend, Betty Ripsom.

Abigail's pov

As Mr. Washington was rambling on about his cat Mittens and I was reading Anne of Green Gables. The finale bell rung, everyone left the room in a flash, while I stayed a few extra minutes to finish reading my chapter. I soon finished and got up and left before giving Mr. Washington a hug and saying goodbye. He had always been my favorite teacher, probably because English is my favorite. I walked down the littered hallways and out the door before Gretta or Henry saw me. As I continued to walk I saw Mrs. Ripsom, she's always been like a second mother to me and it hurt so much when Betty just vanished. I would come over to her house often and bring food for her and her husband to try and make them feel a little better. When she saw me she mouthed 'Is she in there' I shook my head no and and gave her a sad smile and continued to walk to my bike,since Steve was at work.

When I was walking down the sidewalk I overheard a boy in huge glasses say, "Who doesn't love splashing around in shitty water" I softly laughed at what he said, than I accidentally bumped into Victor,he grabbed me. " Henry I got Bookworm."

He said loud enough for all the boys to hear. I sighed and waited for my death. Henry came over to me and have me that sick smile and grabbed my book. "Give it back, please give me it back." I said in a soft voice as I reached up , he just started to rip pages out, my eyes started to water and tries some streamed down my face. He throw the book down and Victor pushed me to the ground as I starred at the book crying. Henry was walking away when a boy with a stutter said the unthinkable, "You s-s-suck Bowers." I looked up to see what would happen next and Henry licked his hand than smired it on the boy. I gagged than he walked away.

The other boys than looked at me,I wiped the tears off of my face as a tall boy with blonde curly locks came over to me. He helped me up off the ground, I had the pages in my hand and the book.

"Thank you" I said shyly and smiled at the boy

" No problem, I'm Stanley by the way. " He looked down at me and smiled.

" I'm Abigail,but you can call me Abby. " He smiled at me and looked into my eyes.

"Well nice to meet you Stanley" Stanley than grabbed my wrist and walked me over to the others.

"Guys, This is Abby" I waved since I was crazy nervous

"This is Eddie" He said pointing at the kid in high waisted red shorts. He smiled at me and I returned the offer.

"This is Bill" Bill out his hand out to shake and I did a smiled at him.

"Than there's -" Before he could finish the boy with huge glasses butted in, " The Man of your Dreams, Richie Tozier. " He than winked at me and I gave a awkward smile and Bill slapped his neck.

"It was very lovely to meet you all,but I must be on my way home, I have to get ready for a dinner with my family and their friends." I waved goodbye as I started to walk to my bike when they called out to me, " Meet us at the sewers tomorrow . " I gave Stanley a smile "I'll be there." I yelled back as I rode my bike to my house.

A/N : Wow, first chapter done and I'm excited for more!

word count : 661