Chapter 5: The search for Platy

Platy's gone missing! Will Puss ever find her and bring her back home?
————————————————————
Puss has had his platypus, Platy for almost half a year now and he loves her very much. All of his friends and family love her, too. Puss would do anything to protect and keep her safe. Even make her happy. Platy was starting to become more of a daughter than a pet to Puss. Now with Kitty and Perrito in the family, Kitty decided to become the mother figure to Platy while Perrito is the uncle.

One night, Donkey came out of his room, down the stairs, not looking very happy before he stopped in the living room, putting down his hoof hard. "Okay, I am very upset right now." He said.

"What's wrong, Donkey?" Kitty asked.

"Somebody ripped my favorite dragon costume!" Donkey said, laying down a dragon suit, which was shown to be ripped by the tail.

Platy started shaking in fear before she hid behind the coffee table. Puss looked down at the rip on the dragon costume before looking back at Donkey, raising a serious eyebrow. "Come on, Donkey, it's just a little rip." He said.

"Not just any rip, the rip is at the tail, which will show my butt from the back! It'll be so embarrassing!"

"Well, you have worn this costume four Halloweens in a row. You've probably outgrown it now. Do you have to make it a big deal about it?"

Yes! This costume is special to me. Even my wife and kids love it." Donkey said.

"Well, alright. You can go find Fiona and she'll sew it back up for you." Puss said.

"Thank you." Donkey said, turning around to go back upstairs until something dawned on him before he turned back to Puss. "Wait a minute. I've worn this costume for four years and not even one single tear came out from it unless somebody did it."

"Okay, and I probably know what you're thinking. It wasn't me this time. Cat's honor." Puss said, laying his hands on his chest, proudly.

"Not me, either. This is my first time, seeing that costume." Perrito said.

"Well, at least I can tell you're honest, Perrito." Donkey said, before turning back to Puss. "Okay, then, who did?"

"Don't look at me." Tigress said, reading her book.

Platy tried hiding underneath the coffee table more, but Donkey spotted her right away. "I think I know who did it. Platy!" He said.

Puss gasped of insult. "How dare you blame it on my platypus! Why would you even think it was her?" He said, picking Platy up from the coffee table, cuddling her in his arms.

"Well, she always slobbers all over my face in the mornings when I wake up."

"She's just giving you morning kisses. She does that."

"And she ate my waffles one time." Donkey said.

"She's a growing platypus. She gets hungry sometimes." Puss said.

"And she never leaves me alone!"

"She just wants your company. Platy's nothing, but a sweet little monotreme and I'm sure she didn't rip your stupid costume." Puss said.

"Actually, Puss, when I was playing with Platy yesterday, we sort of borrowed Donkey's dragon costume and Platy was playing around in it, pretending she was a dragon. We were having fun until she got stuck under the couch while wearing the costume and the tail ripped open." Kitty said.