Chapter 13: Love and dances

There's a dance, coming up on Fiona's birthday and Roddy wants to take Rita there. Will she accept it?
--------------------
One beautiful Friday morning, Puss, Platy, and Kitty went over to Roddy and Rita's house to go hang out with them. Once they got to their house, they saw Roddy, all alone on the couch, watching the end of Divergent before Puss tapped on the window.

Roddy turned around to see them outside of his house before he opened the window for them. "Good morning, Puss, Kitty, and Platy." He said.

"Good morning, Roddy. Where are Rita and the kids?" Puss asked.

"Rachel and Rodney are at school: Elementary and Preschool and Rita's running a few errands before she goes to pick them up later on."

Kitty looked down at her watch where it read 10:00 AM. "It's a little early to get off from school, don't you think?" She said.

"For now, yes. They'll be getting off around noon. It's their last day today and they're really excited." Roddy said.

"Okay, that makes sense now." Kitty said.

"Which reminds me, Roddy. We got some big news to tell you about what's happening this week." Puss said.

"Okay, Puss, what is it?" Roddy asked.

"Well, tomorrow night, Fiona's throwing a birthday party dance."

"And her theme is prom-like, except you don't have to dress up. It's just a big party going on and you can ask your lover out. Puss already asked me out." Kitty said.

"Yes, and it's even a summer vacation dance to make it more fun for the kids, including for your kids. So anyways, we came over here to let you know about it and see if you can ask Rita out if you two are not busy." Puss said, petting Platy.

"Yes, Of course. If we're not too busy, I'll let her know about it soon." Roddy said.

"Alright, but you might wanna try hurrying it up. Tomorrow comes around fast." Kitty said.

"I'll find a time and I'll do my best."

"Alright, thought we'd let you know. We'll be taking Platy out for a walk to the park since it's beautiful out. So see ya." Puss said, leaving the St. James house with Kitty and Platy.

"Bye, guys." Roddy said, closing his window before he started thinking on how to ask his wife out for Fiona's birthday party since the two get along very well.

Later on, at 12:30 PM, Rita came home with the kids on the Jammy Dodger II before walking in through the door, holding a few grocery bags. "We're home. Roddy, there's a few more groceries in the boat. Would you mind grabbing them?" She asked.

"Yes, honey." Roddy said before he ran out the door to grab the rest of the groceries along with the help of his wife until all of their groceries were in the house.

"Okay, thank you, Roddy. I appreciated that."

"You're welcome." Roddy said before he turned to his kids, giving them hugs. "How was your last day of school today, kids?"

"Fun!" Rodney said.

"Awesome!" Rachel said.

"That's good."

"And look, daddy, Denny got me a pretty rose and it's purple, too." Rachel said, holding up a purple rose.

"Oh, it's beautiful, Rachel." Roddy said, looking amazed at the rose for a minute before he lowered his eyebrows to the name "Denny." "And you said Denny gave it to you?"

"Yes, isn't that sweet of him?"

"Yes, it is." He said, calmly, showing a fake smile to his daughter, trying not to get upset about Rachel, getting a gift from a boy.