Special Chapter

Special Chapter: Brotherhood

It happened on the States, Samuel's College Years. Samuel was a Junior, while Seth was a Freshman.

"FUCK!"

A broad shouldered, tatooed man named Jordan Coleman shouted as he spit blood from his mouth.

It was a frat boy from Alpha Gamma Tau or shortened as Algatau. He had always been eyeing Samuel's pretty face and had since then wanted to break it.

Samuel breathed in and out, catching his breath. His balled right hand was covered in blood.

"I told you to shut up, you didn't." he said, his teeth gritted as he shook his soaking from blood hand.

"I could use a punch once in a while." he added and spit alcohol-stenched saliva on his White American coed.

Samuel immediately snatched the packet on his coed and walked out of the abandoned building. Samuel's mind was racing. He knew he'd be dead, dahil alam niyang gagantihan siya ng Algatau, it was a brotherhood for a reason. But what's irritating him is the fact that he did it for Seth's sake.

For Seth's addiction.

He balled his hands in the fist, wishing he could smash the packet of cocaine in his hand. He wasn't even supposed to be a part of it, but now he's here, tied in an on coming frat war. He refused to join on one.

Alam niyang gusto lang niyang mag-aral ng matiwasay, if it wasn't for Antonio De Leon insisting him to join his Delta Alpha Omega fraternity, shortened Dealom (de-alom), he wouldn't be there. Seth and Stephen were part of another frat, which is the Algatau, at isa sa mga frat brothers ng dalawang kumag niyang kapatid ang nakaharap niya.

"Admit it, Samuel, you're too feminine para sumali sa frat." Stephen, trying to annoy him, when Samuel refused to his brother's taunting offer back then.

He also remembered Antonio's frequent talk about his fraternity, which Samuel was also ignoring.

"I have no time for that, Steph. Shut the fuck up." Samuel said, as not interested as he can be.

"Dad was once part of a brotherhood, Samuel. Anak ka ba talaga ni Dad? Yeah, right. You also has a lame-ass knuckles. Can't even throw a punch." Stephen snorted, shutting off the whole conversation and already turned to the other direction.

I hurt Samuel's pride, his brother talking that way. He grinded his teeth together and exhaled sharply.

"I won't join your drug-induced frathood. I'm already a part of Dealom." Samuel bragged, that made Seth raised his eyebrows.

"Really, though?" he asked, his brows wiggling in a taunting way.

Samuel ignored both of them and turned toward the other direction. Leaving Stephen dumbfounded.

Maybe he should join Dealom for real. Mabuti na lamang at back-up niya ang Senior nang si Antonio.

The initiation was quite easy, he just had to drink tons of beer, as close to alcohol poisoning, but he can control himself with alcohol. The founder loved him for that, and tons of girlfriends came to him next.

"Take your shit and go!"

Samuel hurled the packet in Seth face when he reached his dorm.

Seth's body was shaking on the corner of the room. Wala siya sa frathouse ngayon dahil sa kasalanan niya dito. May parusa pang nag-aabang sa kaniyang kapag bumalik na siya doon. Samuel knew it would be 10 or so whips. Algatau is a bad brotherhood. Samuel knew it even then.

"I didn't ask you to get it." suminghot si Seth sa kaniyang ilong, it was a reflex.

Nasanay siyang sumisinghot sa drugs niya at hinahanap-hanap na niya ito. Tila ba ay naglilinger sa mga butas ng ilong nito ang pleasure ng drug-intake.

Samuel balled his fist and slammed it on the wall he's facing, "You're a shit and you need rehab, Seth." madiin niyang sambit, "But you refused. So take it and die. It's what you wanted."

"Don't play saint, Samuel. We all know you aren't."

Seth words came out like a venom for Samuel, but he tried not to absorb it, he tried not to listen to it, pero hindi na niya kaya.

"I risked my frat brothers for you, Seth, you're welcome." Samuel simply said and turned to walk out when he heard Seth's voice.

"I owe you nothing."

It was harsh, and came out like a punch in his guts. Words a brother wouldn't say to his other brother, but Samuel accepted it, after all, he's good in accepting punches.

Jacob Caballero will return
in Gun with the Wind

Pietro Dalton will return
in For Your Eyes Only and Backfiring Red

Adelaide Garduce-Dalton will return
in Subtle Blues and Backfiring Red

Samuel Dalton will return
in Subtle Blues and Backfiring Red

Gianna De Leon will return
in Boy, Interrupted

Maxelle Gagarin will return
in Subtle Blues