Chapter 9

~Rose Genavean's Pov~

That night, I had a dream about none other than Prince Ivan. I had a crazy dream about him and I dating, how crazy is that? When we were having a wonderful time, laughing and just talking in general- I heard footsteps from behind me, so we I looked around- curious. There was another person in my dream that I couldn't decipher but she looked so familiar. She walked up to us- furious. She yelled at us, but I couldn't understand her words because she was talking too fast and it sounded muffled.

"I can't believe you're hanging out with her!" I managed to make out the words that the random girl said.

She continued to yell and the next thing I knew, I felt something painful on my stomach. I looked down to see a knife jabbed into me. The blood trickled down the knife and my clothes, making me gasp out in shock. The girl held the knife and pulled it out the blood flowing down rapidly now. I felt myself go light headed and wobbled on my feet trying to get my sight back into focus. I tilted to the side, slowly falling down to the ground.

Before I got feel the ground hit me- I woke up.

I was drowning in my own sweat, beads of sweat were on my forehead and my shirt was drenched. I immediately got shot up, sitting straight in my bed. I groaned out when I started seeing stars and feeling a headache starting to form. I looked around and saw all the maids were still asleep, so I stood up slowly, tip toeing to the maid's bathroom. I opened the door and pulled on the string; turning the light on, making me squint my eyes to adjust to the sudden change of lighting.

After a couple of minutes, my eyes finally adjusted to the bright light and I went to the sink, turning the tap on. I put my hands under the running water, washing my hands before splashing the water on to my face, trying to wake myself up. I gasped out in shock when the cold water came in contact with my skin. I was truly awake now.

I grabbed a face towel and dried my face, hanging the towel after I finished using it. I sighed out in exhaustion, but I knew that I wouldn't go back to sleep any time soon since that dream haunted me.

I turned off the tap and walked out of the bathroom after pulling the string once again; turning the lights off. I sneaked out of the maid's quarter and walked down the halls, running my hands on the wall. The door to the outside finally came into view and I held onto the handle, opening it up slowly and quietly. I was very successful. I managed to open and closed it back up quietly and slowly.

I took a deep breath, inhaling the fresh scent I got from the flowers in the garden in front of me. A cold whip of air whooshed past me, making me shiver. I wrapped my arms around myself, trying to keep warm. I knew that I should go back inside to get warm but for some reason, I didn't want too. I stepped down the polished steps, my bare feet landing on the pebbled ground.

I exhaled out, gazing up to see the stars twinkling brightly. The full moon was in the sky, the clouds thin as sheets. I saw a comet fly past and I closed my eyes, making a wish.

"Hey." A voice spoke out, alerting me that someone was behind me.

I squeaked out in shock taking two steps forward before turning around- keeping a good distance between the stranger and I. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw that is was just the Prince. He smiled cheekily at me, dimple popping out.

"Gosh- you scared me!" I whisper-shouted, knowing that it was probably midnight, and that all the people in the kingdom were asleep except Ivan and I.

"What are you doing out here?" He asked me.

"I'm should be asking you that." I said quietly, looking at him up and down; seeing him wear his regular fancy sleep wear.

"Well?" He looked at me expectantly.