Ice Dragon Slayer - Chapter 2: He Is A Dragon

*Year X784*

Tay was drowsy. "What...happened?", she whispered, attempting to stand back up. "Was Mystogan here? Man, I hate when that guy comes around". Tay saw Laxus leaning over the balcony, looking down at everybody else. "Both metaphorically and literally", she thought. Tay got her self together and began walking towards Laxus, when she heard a familiar voice from the lower level of the guild. "So no one other than the master knows what he looks like". "Ah, Gray", Tay thought, with a sad smile on her face. "I've missed your voice". "No, I know what he looks like", Laxus smirked. Tay stopped walking to him. Instead, she sat at a table nearby, listening. "Laxus?! You were here?! That's rare!", the guild members gasped. They were right. She, Laxus and the Thunder Legion  were scarcely at the guild hall anymore. The other members didn't seem too happy they had returned, either. "Don't worry, everyone. We will be out of your hair again soon", Tay thought, sadly. "Mystogan's shy. Keep your noses outta it!", she heard Laxus shout to the others. Tay rolled her eyes.

"LAXUS! FIGHT ME!" she heard Natsu yell. "YOU WERE JUST BEAT BY ERZA A SECOND AGO!", Gray reminded Natsu. Tay laughed quietly. "Those idiots", she smiled. "That's right! If you can't even beat Erza, there's no way you could beat me!", Laxus shouted at Natsu. "WHAT ARE YOU IMPLYING?!", Erza shouted up at Laxus, angrily. "That I am the strongest". Laxus raised his arms proudly. "That just might be", Tay thought. "But there's still Guildarts, and Natsu and Makarov and....maybe even me". "Then get down here and prove it, jerk!", said Natsu. "How about you come up here?", Laxus replied, smugly. "FINE BY ME", Natsu said, as he began to charge full speed at the stairs to the second floor. Tay didn't even flinch, she knew what would happen. Makarov reached an arm out and crushed Natsu before he even made it up one step. "You cannot go upstairs! Not yet", Makarov shouted at Natsu. Laxus continued to taunt the others about being the strongest for another little while, as Tay sat and listened. She was used to this. Every time they came back this happened. Laxus would taunt, Natsu would challenge him, Makarov would get angry and Tay would just....watch. 

*Next Day*

Tay arrived the the guildhall pretty early. Laxus was already there. She had planned on eating some breakfast before looking at the quest board again for some more jobs. However, when she walked up  to order some food, Mira wasn't there. Tay saw her run down the stairs of the second floor looking frantic. "Mira? What's wrong?", Tay asked. "One of the S Class Requests is missing!", she shouted. "Missing? What? How? Did somebody-". There was commotion. Master Makarov was furious and the guild members were all guessing among themselves what had happened. Tay stood there with a blank expression as everything unfolded. "I know", Laxus said. Everyone got quiet. "A little blue cat flew up here and ripped it off the board." "Happy!", Tay thought. "That's a serious breach of the rules. Hey Gramps, a stunt like that would get cha kicked out of the guild, am I right?", Laxus continued. "Not that it matters. It's not like those 3 idiots are going to make it back alive from an S class job." "Dammit Laxus, shut up!", Tay thought. "Natsu, you idiot, what have you done?". Tay stormed up the stairs towards Laxus. "LAXUS! IF YOU KNEW WHY DIDN'T YOU STOP THEM?!", she shouted. She didn't even hear his lame reply. She was so angry. She stood and stared at him. She could feel the ice forming on her fingertips. "You haven't given me that look in a while", Laxus said, smugly. "Try not to turn yourself into a block of ice now". "If something happens to Natsu or Happy, I will destroy you myself, Laxus Dreyar", Tay thought. The others contemplated what to do. "Lifting the curse off Galuna Island", Tay heard Mira tell the master. "Galuna Island? That flame brained idiot!", Tay thought, clenching her fists. "LAXUS GO AND BRING HIM BACK RIGHT NOW! I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS FOR NATSU YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE STRONG ENOUGH TO BRING HIM BACK BY FORCE!", the master shouted up at Laxus. "Yeah right...", Laxus began to reply. Tay was just about to muster up the courage to interrupt them and volunteer to go and get them herself, when she heard that familiar voice again. "Sorry Master, but I'm afraid I gotta disagree with you". "Gray...no", Tay said quietly.