Ice Dragon Slayer- Chapter 3: I'm Going With You

*YEAR X784*

"But it's been 3 days! What do you mean they aren't back yet?", Tay asked Makarov. "I understand your concerns, Tay. We are all worried, but I can't give you answers that I don't have", Makarov answered. It had been 3 days since Gray went to bring Natsu and the others back. Nobody had returned yet. At this point, Tay was very worried. "Galuna Island", Tay spoke to herself. "Those idiots don't know what their getting themselves into. That request has been there for weeks. Not even any of the S Class mages took it". She walked up the stairs to the second floor, and looked at the blank space on the board where they Galuna Island request used to be. She sighed loudly. "All they had to do was ask me", she thought. "If they wanted to do an S Class job, all they had to do was ask. I would have happily gone with them". Tay slammed her fist into the blank space on the board. "What are you so worked up about, Snowflake?", she heard Laxus say from behind her. "Like you don't know", she replied angrily. "Ugh, you're still on that?Who gives a damn about those losers?", Laxus said to her as she walked to the table he was sitting at, with his feet up. "I do!", she replied. "You haven't even said a word to them in a year. They aren't your friends, they're losers, get over it", said Laxus. He was partly right. Tay hadn't spoken to any of them since the incident a year ago. Truth be told, she had bearly spoken to anybody except Laxus. She had completely shut herself away from everyone after it happened. She didn't like to think about it, or be reminded of it. Tay just sat quietly next to Laxus, looking at her hands. "Natsu...", she thought. "I wish you just asked".

*Year X779*

"Hey, Natsu! LOOK!", Tay called out as she ran inside the guildhall followed by Gray and Erza, holding a large, orange, glittering egg. All the guild members gathered around to look. "No way! You found one!", said Natsu excitedly as he ran towards her.  "I found it in the forest when I was sparing with Erza! Do you think it's one like Happy?", Tay asked. "Definitely!", Natsu said. "Happy look! You're gonna have a cat buddy...thing". Happy fluttered around happily. "I need your help, though! I'm not warm enough to hatch it", Tay smiled at Natsu meekly. "I hope you like giant fried eggs then, cause that's what's gonna happen if Nastu gets near it", Gray said. "OH YEAH?! WELL DON'T LET GRAY TOUCH IT UNLESS YOU LIKE EGGCICLES", Natsu replied. "Tay is also an ice mage dumby!, Gray said. "I can help you", said Lisanna, who had been watching. "I helped Natsu hatch Happy after all. We can play mom and dad again, Natsu!", she smiled. "Hey no way, this is my egg! You guys can't be mom and dad!", Tay replied, holding the egg tight. "Fine, we can be aunt and uncle then", Lisanna said. Natsu looked confused. "You and Gray can be mom and dad". "W-why me?!", Gray said babbled. "Thanks Lisanna!", Tay said excited. "What?!", Gray said, looking at Tay. "Relax, Fullbuster, it's just a game", Tay smiled as she carried the egg outside, followed by Lisanna, Nastu, Erza and a very confused and frazzled Gray.

*Year X784*

"When rules are broken, the guilty must be punished!", Tay heard Erza shout from downstairs. She went to the balcony to listen. "Erza, you will go to Galuna Island and retrieve our guild members. You will bring them back here to the guild hall to me. I will deal with them.", Master Makarov said to her. "Yes, Master", she replied obediently. "I'll go right away". Tay gasped. She leaped over the railings of the balcony and landed directly in between Erza and Makarov. "Tay?", Erza said, startled. "I'm going with you.", Tay said, staring at Erza. "Tay, there is no need for both of you to-", Makarov started. "I am going with you!", Tay said, sternly. Erza nodded.

It was a terrible journey. Erza insisted on getting a carriage to the port. "Erza, I don't do well on transport, so it's better if I just walk the-", Tay pleaded. "No, Tay. You wanted to come with me. If we both go, we both go together." was Erza's answer. Tay got on board the carriage very reluctantly, and just about managed to suffer through it. Tay was blue in the face and almost vomiting by the time they got to the port. After that, it took them almost all day to try and find somebody that was willing to take them on a boat to Galuna Island. "That's a cursed island you know, why do you want to go there?", "You'll find nobody to take you to that cursed place" and "no way I'm getting anywhere near that island", was all they heard. Eventually, Erza threatened some pirates, and Tay was suffering again on more transport. The pirates were absolutely swooning over Erza. They would have done anything she told them. Tay on the other hand, found herself in the same position she was in when she was on the carriage, blue in the face, trying not to vomit, wondering why she ever thought coming along was a good idea. When they had finally arrived at Galuna Island, Tay was extremely relieved to finally be on solid ground. They had been walking for what Tay felt like forever, when they heard large crashes and thuds in the distance. "What are those idiots doing now?", Tay thought.

By the time they both got off the ship, stopped to let Tay adjust to th dry land and ran to the source of the commotion, they witnessed a large rat like creature wearing a maid outfit in mid air, falling towards a blonde haired mage. Tay raised an eyebrow. "What the hell have I gotten myself into", she signed. "That's Lucy!", Erza huffed and ran towards them and cut the rat creature down in a flash. "Erza!", Lucy screamed with joy. Her joy was quickly crushed by Erza's stern gaze as Lucy came to the realization why Erza was there in the first place. Tay had never officially met Lucy. She knew Natsu had gotten her into the guild, and that they were good friends, but she didn't really know anything else about her. Tay felt like this was not the time to have introductions. Tay stood back as Erza gave Lucy a very stern talking to, while Lucy begged for Erza not to hurt her. "Fat chance of that", Tay thought. Lucy tried to explain that she and the others are aware that they were in trouble, but they really wanted to finish the job and help the people of Galuna Island. That was met by a sword in Lucy's face while Erza glared and replied "None of that is my concern". Tay sighed. "Where are the others, Lucy?", Tay asked. Before Lucy got a chance to reply, Tay heard Happy fly towards them. "Happy!", Tay said. "Hey I've been looking all over for you! I'm glad you're okay! I was worri-". Before Happy could even finish, Erza had him upside down by the tail. Tay waved at him silently. Tay didn't think it was necessary, but she wasn't in the mood to bring it up to Erza and Erza didn't look like she wanted to be questioned either. Lucy and Happy had been retrained in ropes, while Erza demanded they lead us to Natsu and Gray. It was pretty funny to Tay actually, but it didn't seem like a good time to laugh. "I hope you're okay, Gray", Tay thought. "And you, Natsu".   

They eventually led Erza and Tay to the village they had been at before, to find Natsu, but to no avail. They then came to the small storage facility of the island, where Gray was supposed to be. On the way there, Lucy updated Erza with everything that had been happening on the Island. Tay's mind was preoccupied. She was bearly listening to what Lucy was saying. Erza ordered everyone to wait in a large tent and asked a resident to go and fetch Gray. "What's this supposed to be Erza? An ambush or something?", Tay asked. Erza didn't answer. Lucy and Happy sat on the floor, still restrained. Tay crossed her arms and sat on a crate. They waited there for what felt like a long time, before finally, Gray entered the tent. "You made me wait, not smart", Erza said. "Erza! Gray replied, looking terrified. Tay stood up. "You're hurt, you fool", she thought. "I thought you were sent here to stop Natsu and these two? Needless to say, I'm disappointed", Erza continued. "Where is he anyway?", Gray asked. "You mean you don't know either, Gray!?", Tay thought, still not saying anything out loud. She wondered if Gray had even seen her yet. "We are going to find Natsu, then I'm taking you all back", Erza demanded. Gray looked shocked. "We can't leave the Island just yet! If Lucy filled you in then you know what these people are going through!", Gray shouted. "Your point is?", Erza said back. "I came here solely to apprehend you fools for breaking the rules of the guild. I'm not interested in anything other than that.". "RULES?! HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE PEOPLE ON THIS ISLAND? AND YOU'RE STILL JUST GONNA TURN YOUR BACK ON EM? HOW COULD YOU BE SO HEARTLESS?!", Gray roared. Before Tay knew it, Erza was holding a sword to grays face. Next, Gray, had his hand on Erza's sword. "Have you chosen to defy the guilds rules as well?". Erza looked furious. "Do what you must", he said. "I can't stand down from what I know is right!"