Dirty Dog

I lingered a little while longer in the snow before sitting up. The wolves words regarding more secrets at the Red Ridge Pack echoed in my head. What else is there? Did I miss wolves? I need to get back and meet with the Alpha to discuss going back and I need to figure out what I can now do.

I gazed upon the frozen pond a moment longer before shifting into my wolf and running back toward the pack. I felt an odd feeling within and a strong pull to go back to the enemy pack. I slid to a stop, the feeling growing. If I go back home.. I could be too late, but if I return to the enemy they could have better precautions and they will know I'm gone. I gazed up at the dark clouds that covered the night sky. My eyes had adjusted to the world and everything was easily seen.

I looked between the two directions.. either go back and discuss with the Alpha.. or listen to my instincts.

For now you must get back to your realm and trust your instincts.. you know more than other wolves. The wolves words echoed, and pushed my decision.

Fuck! I growled out before running off toward the wolfs den.

Am I making a mistake? I asked my wolf as we darted between the trees and over fallen logs.

No, I trust that wolfs words.. I can't describe it but I feel like I've known them my whole life. We must trust our instincts. My wolf affirmed my decision.

But how do I get back in? They should still be asleep unless that guards contacted the leaders.. though he didn't seem of very high rank so he may not be able to contact the higher ups. Maybe.. I can sneak back in..

The cliff side soon grew in my vision, the entrance was left unguarded. But I can't go in like this..

I scanned around looking for something to help. Beneath a tree near by was a spot clear from snow or grass. I trotted over and dug at the dirt to sift it around and quickly flopped down on my back and rolled around.

A wolf who had a little tussle with another would never be clean.. especially on the floor of a cave. I pulled myself up off the ground and slowly walked up to the entrance. I fained a slight limp and kept my tail between my legs as I re entered the hellish pack.

I needed to get a bit more inside before I started whining, and by the looks of it too everyone was still fast asleep. Maybe...

I stopped the act and silently ran through the corridor to the arena. The space was still empty and I could smell the trapped guard in the back room. Pushing back the flaps, I saw the room just as I'd left it. The body of the other many still lie on the floor, blood pooled around his body. The head lying against the back wall with its eyes watching my every move. The guard noticed my presence and jumped to his feet. Ignored his yells as I quickly darted inside the other cage and began whimpering and whining.

Hopefully the combination of his yelling and my cries will awake others of the pack and then the plan can begin.

I curled up further in the back and pinned my ears down and continued to cry. Soon enough I heard the sounds of voices and feet hitting the ground. A tall male burst into the room flanked by two other men. All looked oddly similar with shaggy brown hair and red eyes, and their power was overwhelming. I pressed myself further as I heard the Alpha opening the gate where the guard was. One of the betas I believe came into the one I was coward in and grabbed the back of my neck.

"What did you do?!" He snarled.

I yelped out and tried to push myself away from him but he just tightened his grip. The pain in my neck grew and soon I was really crying out. The beta scoffed in my face before throwing me back to the ground. I watched in anticipation as the man spoke to the Alpha.

" We need to muzzle that one. I suggest you take him under your belt and keep a close eye on him after tonight." He spoke.

The Alpha simply nodded and gestured to the other beta who was already clutching one. He came into my cage but I darted away from him. No way in hell will they put that fucking thing on me! The others saw the struggle he was facing and quickly jumped into action.

I scrambled back against the cage wall as the two other men descended upon me. They grabbed at my body and dragged me forward. I felt pain prick at the sides as they both partially shifted to allow there claws to dig into my body. The beta with the muzzle grabbed my mouth shut before pulling the contraption over my mouth and face. He strapped it tight against the back of my head and hit my face to the side.

The heat in me was rising and my fur was standing on end. The three let go of me before swiftly exiting the cage and locking it up with the other cages lock. I pounced forward, a growl boiling in my throat.

The words taught by the large white wolf swirled around in my head and I almost wanted to use them, but I knew better than to try that now. I need to think of the plan and not put it at risk.

I pushed off from the cage and paced around the room as the three men continued to discuss me. I tuned in slightly so gather more information on my grand escapade.

"In the morning he will be moved to my quarters. Before hand though we must prepare a space for him, he cannot be with the others." The Alpha warned before leaving the room, flanked by the two betas.

I can't be with the others? So they do have something else hidden.. but what?

My eyes roamed the room again, the body of the man I killed was removed and the guard was freed.

I was left alone.

Dustin you should come back soon. Jason's voice sounded

Shit.. what do I say?!

I'm nearby. I will be back inside in the morning.. Let me stay out for the night. I need the snow. I responded.

Was that a good enough excuse? I sure hope so..

I cut off the mind link before going back to surveying my surroundings. The muzzle was beginning to really piss me off but trying to pull it off would be pointless. Best it seems I can do is actually get some sleep before the coming day. I have a strong feeling it wont be easy.

I walked to the back of the space and curled up in a corner. I hope the pups are doing okay and they're with the others that were rescued earlier.

My mind was at ease as we fell into a deep sleep, images of the young wolves played about in my mind.

The fire that burned around me faded with the pour of rain. I looked up to the sky and watched the fall. I can't stay here.. I need to go find dad..

I pushed myself up from the wet dirt and looked over the body of my mother. Her expression was calm and the red that stained her fur was washed away with the rain. Breathing was so difficult as I imaged the life ahead of me.. one without her. I turned around quickly and ran off, the final look of her forever burned into my memories.