Running from my past

"It was a race I knew that I would never win. But a part of me hoped that maybe I could. Someday."

I'm running and I can't stop.

Every time I think I have outrun him he finds a way to pop back into the race.

Why can't I get rid of him?

Why can't he go away?

It seems no matter how many times I try to bury him he keeps popping back up.

I know he's apart of me but I just want him to be gone.

Memories that I speak to only in my head.

Not a chanting siren that everyone listens to instead.

He doesn't define me, he never did.

But he did shape my fears,

Triggers emotions that enrage me or brings me to tears.

But in the end I trip and he's already there standing in front of me

And maybe it was never a race to begin with.

Because he would always be one step ahead of me.

"I know without my past and all of the things I have faced I wouldn't be the person I am today. But I hate when people have to remind me of it. Don't they know my past haunts my mind everyday?"

PLEASE READ:
Can I just say Eeeekkkk!!!! Thank you guys so much for 2k on this poem book! I literally dropped my phone when I saw it!! Still in shock.

Anyway....
Here's another poem!! Thank you for all the love on my poetry book!! I really appreciate it!!!

Don't forget to comment, vote, and give my profile a follow!

If you haven't already and you like mystery thrillers that are filled with murder and action packed scenes well you're in luck! :)

Drum roll please..... I have two published stories out now! And *Gasps one of them is finished!! Go check them out right now!

Tired of Lies and Snatched & Clueless out now! Available to a Wattpad app near you! Get your read on today!! :)

(P.S I wrote Tired of Lies in the 9th grade so it might not be at it's best...)

I hope you guys have an amazing day and I can't thank you guys enough for your support on this book!

Till next time....
- Miss Yanxiet :)