late nights and hotel rooms

°•□•° 

                              °•□•° 

     "Tommy, I assure you, I am fine."
Thomas raised his eyebrow skeptically at his boyfriend.

    "I really-" Newt yawned and shook his head. "I am one hundred percent okay."

    The two were on a road trip.
They were heading to Minho's lake cottage, and it was currently way past the hours that one should be driving.

     Newt, being as stubborn as he was, vehemently denied needing to stop for the night, despite being pretty much asleep at the wheel.

     "Fine," Thomas thought. "Two can play at that game."

    "Newt, you're actually falling asleep right now. We don't need you to go out and end up hitting something while we're going sixty miles per hour."

    "I won't hit anything. "

He rolled his eyes. "You can't guarentee that."

    "I am an amazing driver, Tommy. I could do this with my eyes closed."

    "That's essentially what you've been doing for the past hour and a half. I'm gonna look up hotels nearby, we are going to stop for the night."

     Ignoring Newt's complaints, Thomas clicked on his phone and tapped in 'hotels near me".

    "There's a Holiday Inn about ten minutes from here, in the next town. We're stopping there."

     Newt glanced at Thomas, his eyes betraying his claims, as they made him look absolutely exhausted.

    "Fine, we'll stop. But only because I love you."

Thomas smiled in victory. "I love you too."

    When Newt pulled into the hotel's parking lot, Thomas jumped out of the car (immediately regretting it, given that his legs were not ready to move after hours of sitting) and opened the trunk.

He grabbed a duffel that had some clothes and other necessities, swinging it on his shoulder as he made his way back to the front of the car.

    Newt was still sitting in the driver's seat, hunched over with his forehead resting on the steering wheel.
Thomas opened the door and gently shook his boyfriend.

    "C'mon buddy, we just gotta check in and get to our room, then you can sleep."

Newt groaned and dragged himself out of the car, Thomas holding his arm to keep him steady.

    They walked hand-in-hand into the lobby of the hotel, greeted with the trademark scent of one as they made their way to the front desk.

    An equally tired looking woman greeted them with a smile, Thomas giving her the information she needed to check them in as Newt struggled to keep his eyes open.

     She handed Thomas two keycards. He thanked her and the two made their way to the room.

    Once inside, Newt collapsed on the bed and let out a loud sigh.

    "Tommy, could you throw me a pair of sweatpants?"

    "Gimme a second."

      Thomas dropped the keycards on the nightstand, before setting the duffel on the foot of the bed. He dug through it and tossed his boyfriend what he asked for.

He mumbled a thank you before changing into the pants and crawling under the crisp, white bedsheets.

Thomas changed into pyjamas as well, moving the duffel to the floor and joined Newt in bed.

    "See? Isn't this better?" He asked.

    "Mm, shut up, Tommy." Newt replied, muffled by the pillow.

He laughed softly, wrapping his arms around Newt. "You don't mean that."

    "No, I don't." Newt turned and buried his face in Thomas' chest. "It's nice."

    "Yeah?"

    "Yeah."

The blond glanced up, a sleepy smile crossed his features as he pressed a kiss to Thomas' lips.

    "Minho's got to say something about it when we get there tomorrow."

    "He'll understand."

     "Yeah." Newt hummed. "Did I ever tell you that you look bloody fantastic for three in the morning?"

     "It's not three, but I don't think you have."

     "Well you do."

Thomas kissed his forehead. "You should get some sleep, or I'm driving tomorrow."

    "Sure you are, Tommy." Newt pulled himeslf closer to his boyfriend. "I love you."

    "I love you too."

Thomas reached over Newt and flicked off the lamp that was on, dropping the room into darkness, save for the small bits of light poking through the window blinds.

    "Night, Tommy."

    "Goodnight."

i got this idea really late at night and finally wrote it, i think it's kinda cute :)
also, i made that gif on the way to my cottage!