Ch 3. Well That Didn't Go Well

A/N: Yes, I know Pietro technically died, but so did Agent Coulson, Fury, and Loki (faking his death multiple times) so there is preset precedence of dying, then coming back to life. I won't go into details of how he was able to come back to life, nor where he was during the whole Civil War situation. We're going to focus on the fact that he is alive for my story (Not the tears that left our eyes when his speed failed him). These are (Katriona's Thoughts), 'Emphasis of the word', and *sounds*.

Since I didn't have anything better to do with my time I decided to brush up on the info dump I was given so I would know who would need the most care as I wished to avoid losing my job before I really even had a chance to do anything. (Okaaaay, so note to self don't make the huge green guy mad. No wait..... Better yet don't make anyone that lives or works in the tower mad as they can kill me and make it look like an accident.) I made a few notes so I could help out the guys who needed to brush up on decades of pop culture references, looked up stuff that young adults with ADHD might enjoy, and just general info that might save my life like the quickest routes to the many safe rooms or how to send out an alert without the alarms blaring. After I had eaten dinner and gotten ready for bed I surfed the net looking at #Avengers Incidents many of which honestly scared me. I decided that my brain couldn't handle much more with all I had overloaded it with I should just turn in for the night so setting my alarm I fell into a slightly troubled sleep.

*BEEP* ------ *BEEP* ------ *BEEP*

The rather loud sound of my alarm jolting me from a dream about a pirate wielding a hammer while talking to a spider. I was quick to get out of bed and handle my bathroom business before heading back into my combined living/bedroom kitchenette to make myself some coffee. With last nights odd dreams/nightmares I was tired so I needed the extra boost that my espresso shots would give me when mixed in with my caramel macchiato that I doubled so I would have enough for a to go cup. After downing the first cup I quickly got ready and left for my fun day at my new job.

When I arrived I quickly went through all the security measures just to get another visitors badge and find out that I was to go to the same meeting room as I had my interview in. I was met a the doorway by the intimidating man, who apparently had a metal arm, from the day before. (I still haven't figured out his name yet) "After you ma'am." He said, while politely holding the door open for me to enter first. (huh, I guess good manners aren't dead yet.) "Thank you," I said while entering still looking at him before turning to the room and most of The Avengers are sitting around the table just studying me with varying looks all adding to the unwelcoming aura that just dropped on me. (Oh... schnitzel I'm definitely dying today. Lord I pray that there are enough pieces of me left to bury.)

"Hi," I squeakily said, trying to keep myself from bolting back out the door. (Fudge this, if I'm dying I might as well go out with a bang, at least the big green guy isn't here.) "Yes, I know I'm a beauty but a picture lasts longer," I snarked as if I didn't care about the looks I was getting "Now, I believe its time for introductions, my name is Katriona Sinclair, if you want you can even call me Kat. I know the names that belong to the faces of Thor, Natasha, and Captain Steve Rogers, but I'm not too sure about the rest of you." The man towering behind me chuckled quietly before saying, "Hello, I'm Bucky Barnes, its nice to finally meet the person who is supposed to make sure this lot has an actual meal, instead of all the junk they keep bringing in." At this, I heard grumbling from all around the table.

"Take-out is technically food." from the sandy brown haired man.

"Hey, I tried cooking!" From Steve.

"You set the kitchen on fire with your Cooking!" from several others.

"HOW IS THIS TINY MIDGUARDIAN MAIDEN SUPPOSED TO WATCH OVER ANY OF US WITHOUT ASSISTANCE?" Thor's booming voice drowned out and shut down the rest of the protests Bucky's comment had brought about.