14

Melissa POV

Melissa POV

"Morning."

I smiled brightly, "Morning. Do you want some breakfast?"

Nestor rose an eyebrow then chuckled, "I haven't had a homemade breakfast in a while." He said.

I took note of his change of clothes and neat braids.

He had on a black suit with a gray dress up shirt that was left opened at the top.

"No? Em doesn't cook?" I asked.

"She does, but I don't eat with them." He said. "Even if I did, I don't have time to."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion but decided against asking more and shrugged, "Okay, well you might be too good to eat with them Oceteva but you definitely aren't too good to eat with me." I said.

He laughed, shaking his head, "I actually have to go. Miguel's friend will be landing in an hour. I have a cab coming for me." He said.

"Okay, and you can eat while you wait for it." I said, walking around him to place the plate of eggs, bacon, and sausage I made on the table beside him.

I heard him chuckle as I walked back to the stove but then heard him pull out a chair.

Dinner with him and Mario last night actually went better than I thought it would.

They actually seemed to be getting along the entire time.

That's not how Mario usually acts when I introduce him to men, but I was grateful for it because I would not have wanted to deal with whatever came after a problem between them.

I made myself a small plate then took off my cooking apron before moving to join him at the table.

I felt his eyes on me and looked to see his eyes traveling down my body.

"Got a date or something?" He asked as I set my plate down.

I looked down at my dress and shook my head, "No, I have to go to work." I said, taking my seat.

He nodded, taking a bite of his food.

"Oh, speaking of work. There's actually a car rental place across the street from our firm." I said, suddenly remembering it.

"And?" He asked.

"Didn't you say you need to get a rental?" I asked, crossing my legs.

"Yeah?"

I rolled my eyes, "Cancel the cab, I can just take you with me and you can rent a car there. Plus the airport is only 10 minutes from my job."

He thought for a moment before nodding his head then pulled his phone out of his pocket.

I ate my breakfast as he typed away at his phone.

Once he put his phone down, I could see him looking at me from the corner of my eye.