22

Melissa POV

Melissa POV

"- You don't have Melissa here to save you now, you worthless piece of–" I heard Laura's voice as I walked into work for the first time in a week.

It's been one hell of a week I can say that.

Between my uncles and cousins being pissed at me for this whole situation, Dominic being pissed at me for not coming into work and for Mario beating his ass, and walking on eggshells so that I don't possibly get caught or worse by Los Olvidados... I'm not in the mood for Laura's shit right now.

I turned the corner to see Frank on his hands and knees wiping iced coffee off of the floor with a small towel and Laura standing above him angrily yelling at him.

"Actually, Melissa is here. What's going on?" I announced my presence before she could finish her sentence.

She spun around to look at me in surprise.

"I'm so sorry Miss Martinez. My wife has been sick and I've been up all night caring for her. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." Frank rushed out.

She immediately turned back to glare at him, "I don't give a shit that your wife is sick. This is the second time you've done this and this time you're not getting off the hook. That coffee was for your boss." She spat.

I scoffed, "Frank, stand up." I told him.

He did as I said and I took the rag from him and knelt down to wipe the floor myself.

"Melissa, no–"

I cut him off, "It's not a big deal Frank, I can wipe coffee off of a floor."

"When Dominic gets here you're so fired." Laura spat at him.

I finished wiping the floor and stood up before turning to face her, "He's not going anywhere. I don't care if you're Dominic's girlfriend Laura, because despite that, you are an intern here now. So as the Vice President of this company, the next time I hear you threatening any of my staff, I will pull your internship. Do you understand me?" I snapped at her.

I hadn't known she had been 'hired as an intern' until Luisa called me a couple days ago, and told me.

I'm pretty sure there was a reason I didn't know.

She glared at me but didn't say a word.

I rose an eyebrow, laughing a little, "I asked you a question Miss Martinez." I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

She let out an irritated sigh, "Yes, I understand." She said through clenched teeth.

"Good." I turned back to Frank, "I'm sorry about your wife Frank, is she okay?"

He nodded his head, "She had a stroke a few nights ago, but she's doing a lot better."

He looked so stressed and worried and it broke my heart.