06. Illusion

CHAPTER SIX
(illusion)

Within a week later, Carlisle and Esme finally returned home with the last of their friends, which is probably not the correct term for the male

Alistair was a misanthropic English vampire who counted Carlisle as his closest acquaintance, though he hardly stands a visit more than once a century. He preferred to wander alone, and outright shunned all of the company, and it was clear for everyone not to intrude on his privacy.

He was a lot like Amun not allowing Renesmee to touch him, and instead, he was actually afraid to even be within the same vicinity of her, mainly because of not knowing the consequence. He was deeply suspicious of all authority, and therefore naturally distrustful of the Volturi. What was happening now seemed to confirm all his fears,

He quickly found himself in the attic straight away, not even allowing Carlisle and Esme to fully get out of the vehicle they had arrived in," He'll come around" Esme said unsurely

"Hopefully" Carlisle commented turning to Edward and Bella," So, how many have arrived?"

"Sixteen so far" Bella stated and Carlisle looked at her surprised," That's surprisingly a lot in such a short time," He said quietly but also happy with the news

"The Denali's, The Irish and Egyptian Clans, Garett, Mary, Randall, Peter and Charlotte"

"That is Fifteen—Who is the last one?" Esme counted mentally as she looked at up the couple. Edward grinned brightly as he almost started to bounce on his feet," It's a surprise, why don't you go and see for yourself?" He said slyly making Esme and Carlisle share looks.

They both walked into the house, trying to think of anyone they had missed. Once they walked into the home, there standing in their view was Vivienne who had the biggest smile on her face," Welcome home!!" She sang happily taking them by complete and utter surprise at her presence.

"Vivienne," Esme said softly and then repeated it but louder quickly bringing her daughter in the tightest embrace she could muster up. Once she pulled away, Carlisle had already made his way over pulling her into another.

"Oh, my sweet Vivienne" Esme if had been remotely possible would have had tears running down her face as she caressed her daughters' cheeks," You have no idea how worried we were when you stopped contacting us"

"I'm sorry—But what it's worth, is that I'm back now," Vivienne said softly," I kind of had a run in with the Volturi, but I managed to escape," She said looking at both of her adoptive parents. Their faces went grim at the thought and quickly went full parent mode asking a bunch of question, that she gladly answered.

The questioning ended when Carlisle had noticed Benjamin walking into the room," Benjamin, hello" He greeted him," Hello Carlisle, Esme," He responded back, he had met them when they came to Amun a week ago, and If he didn't make his appearances when they arrived, he was sure he'd still have been isolated. Also, if he didn't take those actions, he would have never thought to see Vivienne again.

Esme and Carlisle looked at him as he looked at Vivienne who locked her eyes with his as they both smiled at each other. Her parents quickly knew right away from the looks, they were mates.

Edward chuckled softly reading their thoughts and walked closer," Yes they are" He answered his adopted father's dying question," Turns out, Vivi and he have been mates way longer than you think" He said to Esme who was thinking it was just recent.

"Really?" She gaped turning to the pair," Oh my!" Vivienne chuckled at her," Why don't you welcome everyone who has arrived, and then we'll discuss this later"

Esme was eager to ask more questions but she knew Vivienne was right," Okay fine, but I want to hear everything" She smiled as they both walked further into the house leaving them behind," Edward you are enjoying this way too much" Vivienne said looking at him and then looked at Bella," How do you put up with him?"

"I manage" She joked making him huff playfully.

A few days later, Emmett and Rosalie finally returned home, when they did, and saw Vivienne, let's just say there was a lot of lectures, hugging, yelling and more lectures. It was mainly Rosalie, but who could stop her when her sister and best friend was finally home.

Then when she found out about Benjamin and her, it was an emotional ride. This time it was Emmett on how his 'little' sister had finally grown up, and often light threats to Benjamin to not hurt her, which resulted to him being punched by Vivienne.

The family was then surprised with a pair of unexpected friends—unexpected because neither Carlisle or Rosalie had been able to contact the Amazons.

The tallest of the female pair that stricken had an appearance of feline characteristics and the other similar but a little shorter in height. Both of the females were only in animal skins—hide vest and tight-fitting pants that were laced on the sides with just leather ties. Everything about the females screamed exotic.

"Zafrina and Senna!" Vivienne squealed seeing them as they both smiled, she had quickly run in for a hug which they had joyfully returned back.

"Welcome, where is Kachiri?" Carlisle said noticing the absence of their eldest sister and leader of the Amazon Coven.

Zafrina looked over still holding Vivienne in the hug," Alice told us we needed to separate" She said slowly," It's uncomfortable to be away from each other, but Alice assured us that you needed us here, while she very much needed Kachiri somewhere else. That's all she would tell us, except that there was a great hurry...?" Her words trailed to a question, just like with Peter and Charlotte, they had been told nothing.

Edward and Bella came over with explaining the story to which they calmly listened to, and allow Renesmee to prove it to them. They were very taken with the child which slightly worried Bella at first, but Vivienne reassured her that they were harmless despite their eye colour.

Vivienne and Edward seemed to be the most thrilled with their arrival since they absolutely loved Zafrina's gift.

"It's a very straightforward illusion" Vivienne explained to her sister in law, saddened that she had no control on her shield to at least lower it down. She knew Bella needed to train. "She can make most people see whatever she wants them to see"

Vivienne then nodded her head to Edward," Right now— he and I are in the middle of rain forest"

"It's so clear I might possibly believe it, except for the fact I can still feel you in my arms" Edward explained making Vivienne chuckle. Zafrina smiled and stopped the illusion looking down to Renesmee who was interested in the topic.

"Can I see?" She asked looking at the woman, and she smiled," What would you like to see?" She said softly at the child

"What you showed Daddy and Auntie Vivienne" Zafrina nodded and soon the adults all smiled at the sight of Renesmee who stared blankly into space, that was quickly turned into a dazzling smile.

Soon enough Renesmee had taken Zafrina away to herself, as Senna kept herself next to Vivienne who was just sitting on the side watching them both. Bella went to train herself gladder that her daughter was distracted and under the watchful eyes of Vivienne and Rosalie while she went to train with the allies and her family.