09. Hope

CHAPTER NINE
(hope)

Vivienne fell on her bed mentally exhausted from being trampled by her family about her engagement

Vivienne fell on her bed mentally exhausted from being trampled by her family about her engagement. The bed slowly dipped along with the sound of a gently chuckle from Benjamin," Did I ever tell you, how much I enjoyed the company of your family?"

"Yes, and quite frankly you should be glad Jasper and Alice are not here at the moment, or else it would have lasted longer than it did. We'd be in their clutched for days, and Alice would have been already planning for the wedding"

"Are they as threatening as Rosalie and Emmett?" He asked falling in the bed next to her making it slightly bounce," Oh darling" Vivienne said softly but also apologetic as she rubbed his cheek.

"Alice and Jasper are far scarier than Rosalie and Emmett combined, they are silent but deadly"

Benjamin chuckled at her words as he reached over connecting their lips," How much do you want to bet, that Amun will make it challenging after this whole mess?"

"Oh, he'll make it hell—But then again" She said leaning up on her elbow as she looked down at him," With the Denali's and my family, he'd never stand a chance" He reached up caressing her cheek as he took in a calm breath," Something is troubling you, my dear" He said softly

She lifted her hand touching his as she closed her eyes," I told you about Alice's gift—Do you remember it?"

"Subjective precognition," He said and she sighed," She sees things—things that might happen, things that are coming, but it's very subjective. The future isn't set in stone and it can always change"

"Did she tell you something?"

"No not quite" She whispered as she looked at him," She said she couldn't see my future anymore"

Benjamin sat up as he bore his eyes into her," Darling" he said softly but the weak tone was clear in his voice," What does that mean?"

She gulped and then let out a breath," It usually means death"

"But you said it can always change...right?" The crack in his words made Vivienne's chest grow pain as she nodded," Tell me that I'll all be okay—Tell me we'll make this out together—everyone"

"It will be okay," Benjamin said fiercely," I'm not just saying it because you said to, I'm saying it because we are all making it out alive, all of us"

"Repeat it for me, repeat it until you can't anymore" Vivienne bore into his eyes as he did as she asked, and as he said it more and more, she started to believe it.

When she had told Jasper and Alice that she didn't care, it was a complete lie, and she knew Jasper noticed it. It was okay to lie sometimes, but this was one that she should have admitted openly, it was okay to be afraid for once.