- mornings with your baby (f) -

I woke up to a loud, high-pitched scream coming from Mari's bedroom. I stood up to see me and Gwil's bed empty.

"Shh, shh, shh," I heard Gwil whisper. "Darling, you're going to wake Mommy." I smiled to myself before slowly creeping to Mari's nursery. I stood at the threshold of the door watching as Gwil sang our babygirl a lullaby. "Sleep my baby on my chest. Warm and cozy it will prove. Round thee..." he paused seeing that the next lyric was "mother's arms." He mumbled something under his breath. "Round thee father's arms are folding," he began again. "We're going to say father because I am not your mother and we wouldn't want you calling me 'Mommy.' Your mother would not be too pleased with that." Slowly, I crept up behind Gwil and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"Good morning, husband," I whispered in his ear. I stood up on my tiptoes to kiss his cheek lightly.

"Good morning, wife." Gwil turned around.

"Good morning, baby Mari," I said kissing her forehead. "Has she been fussing long?" I asked attempting to take her from Gwil's arms.

"It's okay, I've got her," he said not letting me take her from his arms. "Go get a cup of tea," he smiled. "And no, she hasn't been fussing long."

"Are you sure? You look tired," I replied lovingly.

"Gee, thanks, darling," I chuckled.