Tammie

Tammie returned to her seat as the orchestra began to organise themselves for their second act. Tammie noticed Lisa being jolted out of a reverie by a fellow violinist. She noticed the hardened, textured skin that ran from her chin to the base of her neck and felt a jolt of pride. Tammie had lost control and scalded Lisa with boiling water when she found out that Lisa and Ethan had been conspiring behind her back. Seeing the scar still so visible on Lisa's body, Tammie felt powerful and drunk with control. Or perhaps she'd had too much champagne. Oh well, she had reason to celebrate today. Unbeknownst to Ethan or Lisa, today would mark Tammie and Ethan's reunion. Tammie's lips curled into an involuntary smile when she thought of her worlds realigning to their rightful places, before that fateful day in Pine Court.

She sat back heavily and actually enjoyed the music in the second act. She couldn't resist glancing at Ethan a few times on the opposite side of the table, a vision in his carefully laundered tuxedo and bow tie. She couldn't wait for him to be hers again.

The symphony gradually faded and was followed by a round of applause and a few standing ovations. Tammie signalled for Lisa to meet her at the foot of the staircase. It was show time.