Chapter 16: Antecedent

Harry and Laura were waiting for Dumbledore in his office. Laura was waiting to fight with Dumbledore but Harry knew that Dumbledore would have had his own reasons. Laura ran to Dumbledore when he entered his room.

"Did you know Uncle Sirius was alive and he was in the hands of Voldemort?" she asked furiously.

"Yes, I knew." Dumbledore smiled.

"Then why didn't you save him? Why did you leave him there to rot in the hands of Voldemort?" Harry got angry.

"He was our spy." Dumbledore winked at them.

"He was hurt. That Peter Pettigrew tortured him. This isn't fair." Laiura glared at Dumbledore.

"Ah. I used some enchantment spells to protect him from the physical and mental pain." Dumbledore said casually.

"But what if he got killed? Did you spell anything to save his life?" Laura raised her voice.

"I would admit one thing Laura, you're a brave girl. But—" Dumbledore was interrupted by Harry.

"You're so dumb, Laura. Voldemort's plan was not to kill Sirius, he was a trap for us. He would have never intended to kill Sirius and he knew that." Harry pointed at Dumbledore.

"So, it was his master plan?" Laura understood.

"Exactly." Dumbledore agreed.

"It means he knew- he knew that we'll go there" Laura stammered understanding Voldemort's plan clearly.

"Absolutely, he would want to get his powers back from you two. He always wanted you. Hence, he should keep the bait alive." Dumbledore nodded.

"Did you get to know any information from our uncle that will make Voldemort weak?" Harry asked in eager.

"Yes, Sirius told about some sacrifice thing in the -"

"In the Godric's hollow graveyard. We handled it already." Laura interrupted him.

Harry started to explain but Dumbledore interrupted him.

"I already knew it. I was about to say something else."

"What? Do you know that we went to the Godric's hollow?" Laura wondered.

"Yes, Severus told me." Dumbledore shrugged.

"Did he follow us?" Laura asked.

"No. He have this Marauder and GoHome Maps that will show all the details of both the path and people. After Laura's incident in the forest, Severus was watching all of you. Then he saw that you four vanishing from your dormitory. He guessed that you would have gone there. He told me that we should go there too. I stopped him, I knew you were doing the right thing." Dumbledore finished.

"He also knew when Laura went there alone?" Harry asked in furious.

"No, he was not aware of that. If he would have seen that, he would never have let that happen." Dumbledore shook his head.

"I don't like anyone spying on me. How could he?" Laura shouted.

"You want to take revenge on your godfather? Let's have a sweet revenge." Dumbledore pulled them into a dark, cold and narrow room.

Twins looked each other in confusion.

"How about you spy on him? Do you want to know about his past?" Dumbledore examined the shelves that was filled with glass bottles of white fog. He picked up one of the bottle and poured the fog like liquid in the basin that stood at the center of the room. He signaled them to jump in it.