e l e v e n

••••••

••••••

KAT INTENDED TO TALK TO THE NEIGHBOURING HOUSES ON WATERLY LANE TO GET INFORMATION. She didn't factor in the presence of the youngest Shelby into her plans, however. She was walking over to Waterly Lane when Finn suddenly appeared beside her and tugged at her hand. She couldn't understand why children were suddenly taking an interest in her and frankly she was getting slightly peeved about it. Regardless she allowed the boy to drag her along by the hand.

"Bobby stays with you, doesn't he?" Finn stated and Kat was oddly reminded of Thomas in that moment. He too stated things and rarely asked them. She wondered what other characteristics he shared with Thomas.

"He does." Kat confirmed as they walked, wondering where they were going. They were still in the district of Small Heath for sure and Waterly Lane wasn't too far away. She huffed as they kept walking and Finn looked at her oddly.

"I thought you would be nicer. Bobby always says you're really nice to him." Finn stated again and he didn't seem to register the insult in his words. Kat frowned at his words and felt her heart melt when she realised that Bobby though she was nice. Lots of people had words to describe her and nice was certainly not one of them.

"Where are we going?" Kat asked, opting to ignore his comment. She then frowned as she realized this was the perfect time to ask the lad questions about what happened. "Did the Lee's break in?"

"They sure did, miss. The cousins, nephews, even the bastards!" Finn told her enthusiastically and he tugged on her hand, telling her to walk faster. Kat wasn't at all surprised at the boy's use of language, he was surrounded by men constantly. "The house is a right mess. That's why I didn't stay there, Polly would have made me help her clean up."

"Would she now?" Kat murmured, her mind filing the information away. Finn hummed in agreement and didn't seem to notice that she was zoned out. Kat dodged a puddle and lifted her skirt slightly as they walked through a particularly dirty lane.

They rounded a corner and then headed inside a building. Inside was a car, something Kat knew absolutely nothing about. She watched with a frown as Finn climbed through the window of the car, bypassing the door altogether. She glanced around her and saw no around except for the men working across the street.

"What are doing, Finn?" Kat asked him in annoyance. She couldn't understand why he deemed it necessary to bring her along. She worried as he started to mess around inside. "Hey! I don't know anything about cars, Finn. If you fuck something up, I don't know how to fix it."

"I'm pretending to be Tommy." Finn clarified and Kat tutted while crossing her arms in annoyance. Finn continued to mess around inside the car and Kat sighed. She marched up to one side of the car and was about to open the door when Finn spoke again, making her pause. "I was wondering if Bobby wanted to stay the night. I like Bobby better than the others."