Beginning of the end

[ Shuichi's P.O.V ]

"Saihara? Hey, Saihara!" A voice called for me, making me snap out of my thoughts and turn my head to face them. "You were spacing out again....." was what the green haired boy said with a sigh. "Ah....I'm sorry Amami, what were you saying?" I asked, trying to keep my concentration on the guy beside my desk, we were having lunch inside our classroom. I wanted to go with Kokichi but he insisted so much that I gave up and accepted.

"I said..perhaps you should get rid of that hat. You know, maybe the other students don't approach you often because it gives you some kind of scary vibes..."

"W-what? Scary vibes!?" Was it true?? Did I look scary with it? Actually, I wear it because I don't like to look people in the eyes and it makes me feel less noticeable, but scary? This is the first time I hear it. I hope Kokichi doesn't get the same feeling..

"Sigh, I don't know, maybe I'll try someday."

"Mhmh, I'll believe you when I'll see you without it on!" he chuckled, putting away his stuff once he finished eating.

Ding dong dong ding~

Lunch break ended and I put away my things as well. The teacher soon came back and started to resume the lesson. Everything was going like usual, when suddenly a girl opened the door and entered, looking down to her feet.

"You're late for class, is everything ok?" The teacher asked with a worried look on her face walking up to the girl.

"I.....I-I need to.."

"Yes? What's wrong, dear?"

"I n-need...nghhh I—nEED TO STAB YOU AND SEE YOUR BLOOD FLOW FROM YOUR BODY." After those unexpected words, I saw my own teacher getting stabbed. She fell on the ground from the first injury, without wasting time the student sat on the poor victim and stabbed her again and again and again. First her abdomen, then her chest, and for last her forehead, making the woman stop any other movements.

I was petrified, no matter how much I wanted to run away, I couldn't move. A few seconds passed and screams of horror and panic could be heard from the entire class.

"W-WHAT IS THIS!? WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!?"

"EVERYONE, OUT OF HERE! WE NEED TO CALL FOR HELP!

"KYAAAAHHH!!!"

I quickly ran out with my other terrified classmates, but for some reason even if I was already distant from the room, the screams seemed to increase. "NO!!! STOP, PLEASE! D-DON'T KILL M-Aghhh ahh-"

I stopped while processing the scene in front of me. It wasn't only that girl in my class, but other students and teachers were actually murdering people.

"K-kokichi...! I-I need to find Kokichi!" Was the first thing on my mind.

I didn't understand how and why this was happening, but he was my priority at the moment. Avoiding all the dangerous people around I looked for the boy, starting from near his classroom. Is he still inside the school? I'm checking just in case, please God, let him be safe..

I tried to search inside the library, walking as quietly as possible since I didn't know if there was one of those psychopaths. While stepping forward inside the huge place, I felt someone falling on me from behind, making my heart stop for a moment and lose my balance.

"S-Shuichi!!! Sob...sob.." Instantly recognizing the voice, I turned around to face the smaller who had hugged me and was crying. "Kokichi! Are you ok!?" I asked, placing my hands on his shoulders. "Y-yeah, I t-thought you might be d-d-dead! I was so s-scared and worried, I wanted to search for y-you but, I w-was chased by a g-guy and I had to h-hide.." He was looking for me too? It makes me unbelievably happy but, what if he got hurt or...worse, killed because of me!