Extinct

I woke up in my tent. I must have fallen asleep when we arrived at the village and Sokka must have carried me into my tent. I don't share a tent with my siblings. I always slept in my mom's tent. It brought back good memories.

"hey Keo, are you awake? " Katara asked poking her head into the tent.

"yep" I said sitting up.

"alright then, I need you to wake Aang up so we can introduce him to the village. He's in Sokka's tent" she said and left.

I yawned and got up. I wore my usual clothes and ran towards Sokka's tent. When I entered, I saw Aang was trashing around in his sleep.

"Aang, wake up. Aang! " I yelled and he got up panting "we're in the village now"

He got up and I saw he was shirtless. I decided to wait outside but I couldn't stop staring at his tattoos. When he was done, I dragged him out of the tent. Everyone was already waiting outside.

"Aang, entire village. Entire village, Aang" Katara introduced smiling. I wouldn't call it a village though. We weren't much compared to how it used to be years ago.

"why are they all staring at me like that? " Aang asked "did appa sneeze on me? " he said checking himself.

"we're just surprised we haven't seen an air bender in 100 years. We thought they were extinct until my grandkids found you" gran gran said with a stern look on her face.

"extinct? " Aang asked a little surprised. How doesn't he know that?

"Aang, this is my grandmother" Katara said ignoring Aang's question

"call me gran gran " she said

Sokka then walked up to us and took Aang's staff.

"what kind of weapon is this, you can't stab anything with this" Sokka said

Aang used a jet of air to take his 'weapon' back. "it's not a weapon, it's for air bending " he said and opened the staff, turning it into a glider.

"it helps me control the air around me and fly" he said.

"really? " I asked curiously

"you know last time I checked, humans can't fly " Sokka said

I gave it a thought. "that is true"

"well, check again " he said as he took off. He flew above us on his glider, doing tricks. He looked down and grinned but he got distracted and crashed into Sokka's watchtower.

"UGH, MY WATCHTOWER!!!" Sokka screamed.

Katara and I ran over to Aang while Sokka ran over to his collapsed watchtower.

"are you okay? " I asked

"that was amazing" Katara said

"great, you're an air bender, katara's a water bender. Together you two can waste time all day" Sokka said brushing some snow off his coat.

"you two are water benders?" Aang asked

"well Katara is, I'm not" I shrugged.

"sorta, not yet" Katara said

"alright, no more playing, Katara, Keomi, you have chores to do" gran gran said and katara and I followed her.

"katara? " I said. Katara looked at me

"what's wrong? " she asked

"do you think there's something off about Aang? You know, like he's hiding something from us? " I asked. She shook her head