Chapter 1: Project Hurricane

Percy POV

I kick, punch, dodge all the attacks I can. My sword slices and my shield blocks. My black hair is dripping with sweat, my sea-green eyes determined. My anger rising steadily, they should have never picked a fight with a son of Poseidon.

Now you're probably wondering what's going on. Let me tell you what happened two days ago.

2 Days Ago
"I was sitting inside my apartment sharpening my skills. I kick, punch, and dodge all the attacks thrown at me from my mom. Who is really good at karate if I may add. I then hear something outside. I tell my mom,

"Activate project Hurricane"

I run all over the place flipping controls and use my ability over the mist to hide my demigod scent. We then walk upstairs and act like a single mother and son should. We keep each other company till we hear the knock at the door. We look through the peephole and we see a government agent.

Mom opens the door and the guy walks inside followed by our neighbor, who had a huge smile on his face. This can't be good. My mother then spoke up.

She said, "What can I do for you officers?" As sweet as she could, even though they might take me away.

"We received word from this gentleman here that you may be a demigod." He says while looking at me.

I was about to say something but my mom stopped me. "Officers we have nothing to say but to please get out of our house and my son is not a demigod. "

"Well ma'am we know you are lying because my pet's nose here says otherwise." He whistles and a giant hellhound comes hopping out of the back of the truck. It started growling and I knew there was going to be trouble, because

I forget to mention that the government allied themselves with the monsters, and are a part of police forces everywhere. The hellhound inched its way towards me and I thought surely I was going to die.

That was until my mom tackled the government agent and was hitting him with a baseball bat, he turned and fled. The hellhound whipped its head around and saw its owner running away, it gave a look that said run because my mom looked pretty threading patting her hand on the baseball bat, giving a glare that sent the hellhound running. My mom walked over to me and said,

" take this pen and these golden drachmas, they will help you along in your journey. You will know what to do with them when the time comes. This pen is very important it was a gift from your father."

"Who's my father?" I asked. I knew I was a demigod but my mother refused to tell me who he was.

"You'll find out soon enough, now you must get out of here as soon as possible. They are coming for you. Use the items I gave you to find the others and go, GO!" My mother yelled at me I started to walk towards her to say goodbye, but I noticed to late the knife protruding from her chest. Our neighbor was laughing evilly and it started to rain. I felt the water on my skin and I then knew who my father was. He was the God of the sea, Poseidon. I knew because mom taught me everything there is to know about Greek mythology. I looked down at my mother, who was still holding on. Her last words were,

"Percy....be...the...light...you...must be..come...the light...and...shine...bright.

Her eyes then lost all their color, I closed her eyes, and said a reciting in Greek to let her soul be taken to Elsyum.

I rise slowly closing my eyes, my blood starting to boil, my eyes turning to a dark black, as I lashed out controlling all the water in him and crushed him as he crushed my heart when he killed my mother.

My eyes turned to normal, and then I realized that I did such a terrible thing. I fell to my knees and cried. I then remembered what my mother told me.

"Percy, when there is no light, you must become the light."

I didn't understand it till now I mustn't let my dark side take control. I must be the light. I picked myself up, wiped the tears from my eyes, and took off running. I ran into the sunset knowing I need to stop anyone from getting hurt because of me."

Now back to the present

I was running from two government agents and their "dogs" I killed them using my skills I learned from mom. And if you're wondering what the pen does, it turns into a sword as soon as you take the cap off. Soon their was just unconscious bodies and monster dust floating in the air. I knew I had to keep running till I found others like me. So I can finally can take down the head of SHIELD. That is until I literally ran into an akward teenager.