On The Job

(Hey dudes, 'suh. I wrote this b/c the ship is underrated and cute and it's currently pride month. Hope you enjoy! :D)

(P.S.- The fanart is just there to give you content. I don't own it, and it has nothing to do with the story)

Color. Visions. Flowers. Swirling sky and a moving ground and pinks and blues and pastels. Happiness and joy and inspiration filling Allura in a sweeping rush. Sweet smells and tastes tickled  her nose and mouth, leaving for full while yearning for more at the same time.

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

All of the sensations left Allura as she opened her eyes, immediately seeing the blaring red numbers on her alarm clock. Sliding out of the bed to keep herself awake, the young woman stood up before turning off her alarm clock.

She stretches, shaking the remaining slumber from her body. With a small groan, Allura opens her closet and grabs her outfit for the day. In little time, she is leaving her room, garbed in black jeans, a dri-fit blue Nike shirt, with her standard female police crop-top over it.

As she reaches the kitchen, wrapping her silver-dyed hair up in a bun, she opens one of the drawers with her foot. When her hands are once again free, Allura reaches into the drawer and pulls out her golden police badge. With obvious pride, she pins it to the crop-top. Even though no one was here to witness, doing this every morning was always a good reminder of all of the work she had put into her life up to this point.

After the moment had ended, she grabbed her pre-made smoothie from the fridge, pulling her keys off of their Star-Wars themed nick-knack as she ran out the door. 

Parked in the driveway, there was Allura's silver mini cooper. She smiled at the familiar sight of her car, which always left a friendly, comforting aura. Unlocking the car, she got in and set the GPS for the local police station.

*                                                                                              *                                                                                                  *

It wasn't unbearably long before she finally got there. Only fifteen minutes, and the drive was only even that long because traffic had happened to fall into her route. Allura parked the car near one of the orange trees planted around the building's perimeter, then picked up her trash leftover from breakfast, and locked the vehicle.

Walking around the small strip of grass and trees, Allura follows the sidewalk around to the front of the building, disposing of the empty smoothie cup just before walking through the door. 

The station was busy, like usual. Handcuffed men sat in plastic chairs, and other officers drank coffee and ate donuts while browsing case files. Well used to this controlled chaos,  Allura walked and shuffled her way around the building, heading to the room where she would be put on duty for the day.

After finally dancing her way around other people, the young officer slid into the assignment room, sitting down and waiting to be selected. Despite having to navigate the building, she was actually one of the first people there. To be fair, most of the rest of the officers had to work their way around the poor architecture as well, and they didn't have three years of work experience.

She wasn't exactly complaining, anyway. She had gotten the window seat, which meant that Allura could watch the fog swirl away into crisp, blue, air as the other officers filed in and took their own sears. 

It almost felt like no time had passed since she had rolled up in her car when the chief was asking for attention.

One by one, each assignment was passed out, and the only recently filled chairs were once again emptied out. Finally only Allura and two other people were left without a direct task for the day. "Allura Nebulus! Your assignment for the day...". The chief paused, as if considering something for a second. "You've got a missing case on your hands. The suspected kidnapper got away, and more info is in the case file".