Chapter 2

Still Feliz's POV

He hurried home, anxiety rushing through his veins. His heart rate increased dramatically. Pulling his sleeves down, he tried to hide the bruises and cuts that layered his arms. More were along his legs and the rest of his body.

His father waited patiently, alcohol lingering among his breath. Makeup was applied to his right eye to keep the bluish and purplish tint from sight. When Feliz arrived at home, his dad grabbed his arm and yanked him inside the place that he called hell. He didn't want to be here at all.

Feliz closed his eyes and awaited the pain, knowing it would come. Words were thrown at the boy as his father yelled at how big of a mistake he was. His mother was no longer around. She ended up dying in a car crash going to get Feliz from his babysitter when he was younger. Feliz returned to reality when a sharp pain erupted in his abdomen. Punch after punch was thrown at him. The man that he once called a father grabbed a broken bottle and brought it towards Feliz. Feliz closed his eyes again. "Open your damn eyes!" Feliz obeyed, knowing that if he didn't there would be more pain for him. The shards of glass cut thing his flesh. Blood poured out of the wounds as his body worked to try and stop losing the crimson fluid.

When the father was done, he grumbled something that Feliz couldn't hear. Feliz slowly picked himself off the wooden floor. He dragged himself to the bathroom and started to bandage the multiple cuts. He looked down at his arms and legs, cuts lining them. Taking the white material, he wrapped it around his arms and legs.

Leaving the bathroom, he went into the kitchen and grabbed a towel. He held it in the sink and turned on the faucet. Clear water came from it, soaking the towel. When it was dripping wet, he turned off the water and rang out the towel.
He walked into the room where he just got a beating. Getting down on his hands and knees, he wiped the blood up and any evidence that had just happened. Standing back up, he washed the towel and went to his room. The room was painted a black color and had the basic needs, a dresser, bed, and a bedside table. He climbed into his bed and went to sleep.