Chapter One

Ever sense you were young you were told of creatures that lurked in the dark, but no matter how late you tried to stay awake you could never see them. You were always curious of what kind of monsters they were. Maybe they were werewolves, vampires, or maybe even demons. All sounded really cool but secretly your favorite was vampires, they always sounded interesting.

Your POV
"(Y/N) it's time to wake up" mom said while knocking on my door. Today is my eighteenth birthday. Usually I would be excited for my birthday but sense dad left, and my brother vanished into the night nothing's been the same.

I sat up "okay maybe today will be a good day" I thought aloud.

"Honey once you get dressed come down stairs I need to tell you something." Mom walked away from my door and immediately my stomach filled with dread. I walked over to my closet and got out my clothes (^outfit above^) and did my makeup. I decided I didn't want to head downstairs just yet due to the ominous feeling I still had, so I decided to check my phone.

"Nothing" I said as I set my phone down. Not even a single text from anyone per usual leaving it at that I decided I would head down stairs. On the table sat some waffles with strawberry syrup (sorry if you don't like it you can change it) i sat down and began to eat. Soon enough my mother walked in with a distasteful look on her face.

"Could you wear something other then black for once" she said in an annoyed tone.

"Sorry" I said it quietly so she couldn't really hear me. She always complains that I apologize to much. I sighed realizing that I still had school today. I know that alot of times you hear the cliche about kids dreading going to school but I really do dread it. To many fake people, to much drama, and to much bull shit in my opinion.

"I want to talk to you about something before you head to school." She said as she said down in front of my at the table. I simply sat there in silence knowing a response was not required at this moment. She continued on.

"Its about your father." I stopped for a moment. She never wanted to talk about dad not sense he left without saying anything.

"What about him?"I tried not to sound to eager or rude knowing the slightest thing going wrong could set her off completely.

______________________________________
Hey guys I know I said I would try to publish every week and I've already failed that quota. I'm sorry I'm a really forgetful person when it comes to things like this and really anything else that I try to prioritize. I've had some things going on lately but I will try to keep up with what I said. Anyway how are you guys liking the story so far I know I left you guys on a cliffhanger. Sorry about that I'm not really sure how i want to do this yet. Thanks for reading please keep reading and I appreciate all of you. Remember your all beautiful, talented, and inspiring people in your own way keep up the good work❤ (ps if you have any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated right now thank you)