Gone

POV Jughead

We woke up early so that we could sneak out in Slim's car while it was still dark. My alarm went off and I opened my eyes to see my love cuddled in my arms. I turned off the alarm and smiled down at her. She opened her eyes and smiled back at me.

"What time is it?" she asked

"Early. I've got to go. Go back to sleep. I'll call you later and I'll see you tonight, ok?" I said

"No! I'll get up with you" she insisted

We got up and dressed. We brushed our teeth and she put her hair up. I grabbed my jacket and we headed down the stairs. We found everyone but Archie in the kitchen drinking coffee and quietly talking. I poured a cup for myself and one for Betts.

"Thanks" she said as I handed it to her. I sat at the table with her in my lap. Everyone seemed somber this morning. She put her mug down and put her arms around me and I did the same.

We held each other until Slim stood up and said, "We better get going" We all got up.

I pulled Slim to the side and said, "Remember our plan, you are going to drop us off and then come back here after your shift this afternoon before the meeting at three."

Slim nodded, "I've got it. I'll be back by one. I requested the rest of the week off so I won't leave them again, ok?"

I nodded. I wished that we had someone to watch them this morning but Slim had to work and Bear had a training session for the Serpents. Everyone else was busy or too obvious. I sighed, I knew that I was being overprotective. They had been here all week and nothing had happened.

I went back to Betts and hugged her. We all walked to the door together.

POV Betty

I didn't want to let him go. I didn't want any of them to go. I hugged Toni and whispered, "You take care of our boys, ok?"

"I will, you take care of our girls and Kevin" she responded

I chuckled and said, "I will"

Fangs came next.

"I wish that I was coming with you again." he said and I smiled

"I'm glad that you will be watching our backs, though." I stated and we hugged.

Sweets walked up to me and picked me up. "Betty, my girl, you be safe, ok?" I nodded and kissed his cheek.

"Sweets, this is going to work, isn't it?" I whispered

"It will. I'll be there to watch over you every step. You know that." Sweets reassured me

He kissed my head and put me down.

I turned to Jug and hugged him tightly.

"Last night was the best night of my life" I said.

He smiled and said, "Mine too. You are my world."

We kissed and as he pulled away, he looked into my eyes and said, "I'll see you soon"

They walked out and got into Slim's truck. Slim waved at us and they took off.

Kevin went back up to bed while C, V and I went up to V's room. We all cuddled in her bed with our phones nearby so we could respond when they texted that they got back safely.

POV Jughead

We got back to the Worm just as the sun was rising. Slim left for work right away and we all trudged in to sulk in a dark corner of the bar. I sent a text Betty to let her know that we were made it to the Worm and watched as Fangs, Toni and Sweets all did the same for their significant others. We waited but none of us got a response.