The First day

(It'll be Miles' POV unless said otherwise)

"Miles!" I was woken up by my mom yelling my name from downstairs. Why was she yelling at me get u-oh... Right.

The first day of Junior year.

"MILES JACKSON WILLS! " my mom shouted louder.

"Gimme a second! I'm getting dressed!" I shouted back. And got up, rubbing my eyes. "Ugh." I muttered and grabbed my glasses, quickly cleaning them and put them on. I found a dark purple sweatshirt and some black jeans, perfect. I quickly put them on and grabbed my bag.

I walked downstairs to see Mom at the stove.There's the smell of her signature "firat day of school"meal;Mixed Berry pancakes,scrambled and fried eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, and sausage. Sitting at the table there's my older brother, Jamie,he was like 21 and taking a gap year while he decides what to major or something. and my younger sister, Liliana, she is 5 and today she is starting her first year in school. I miss Kindergarten.

"Morning Lil!" I smile at her, "Jaime.you... Didn't die. So I guess that's ok. " Jaime rolls his eyes.

"Jesus Miles, do you want people to call you a queer? " Jamie laughed as I sit down in the chair in between him and Liliana.

"Jaime Wills! You don't talk about queers like that! " Mom shouts.

"Calm off it Jess. I never said they were bad! " Jaime sighed.

"Jaime, just because you are an adult doesn't mean you can't call me mom. " She scolds him and turned off the stove. "What do you wanna drink? " She asks everyone.

"Coffee." I mutter.
"Chocolate milk! " Lil smiles wide, I love her innocent smile.
"Coffee and OJ" Jaime says.

Mom goes into the fridge to fish out the drinks, "Jaime, Miles. Coffee's ground. Just get your own mugs and fill 'em" I nod and hop out of the chair.

When we get back to the table Lil has her Milk and Jaime has OJ, all the food is in front of our chair on our respective plates.

"Why can't daddy eat with us? " Liliana asks mom.
"He's sleeping hun, remember? He works at night" Mom smiles.

"Yeah, He nearly dies every night" Jaime mumbles.

"Uh... Ma, I think I'm gonna join the debate team this year. " I say, just loud enough for her to hear.

"Oh that's woulderful Miles! You'll make so many friends" Mom smiles.

"How? You're so quiet I can barely hear you half the time. " Jaime chuckles.

"Shut up. " I grumble. I'm acutely aware of mom glaring at me.

(Time skip because I'm lazy as hell)

Setting: In front of the school, in Mrs.Wills's car

"Bye ma. Thanks for everything. " I say " Buhbye Lil! " I boop her nose and I close the door to mom's car and start another adventure in hell.

There's what feels like a million students although it's probably more like 248 people or some random number that's probably made up. I see groups and clicqes forming, friends reuniting and I just scan the crowd and I see in the corner, hiding in the shadows, a girl.

Brown hair and grey cat ears sticking out of her head, she has blue jeans and black boots. She's sitting with her knees scruched up and her back to a wall and it looks like she's drawing.i can't tell how tall she is.I take a breath and start walking through the crowd towards her.

"Hey." I mutter, smiling awkwardly, I need at least one friend.

"Oh, hi. " She has a cute British accent. She quickly hides her sketchbook in her bag, I can see her closer now. She has green eyes, sorta olive colored, she's wearing a denim jacket that matches her jeans and a black T-shirt that has a band on it. She's the same height as me, well. She's a few inches taller but... She's short. So... She's like me.