Thirteen girls break into a house

"We can't possibly go back there!"

The little driver threw the wet towel on the floor and grabbed a clean T-shirt. They had been travelling for days and breaking into store after store and house after house. Now they were in a vacation house they found by a lake on their way to nowhere. It was already difficult travelling with eleven other women hidden in a truck, but not having any real place to go was making their escape even more difficult. They had already decided that going to the police was out of the question, because their abductors were influential and rich. Many girls could not even remember where they used to live or their full names. Even going to the emergency room was dangerous, especially considering what their abductors had done to them when they 'misbehaved'. And now the rescuer was suggesting going back to the place they where they had been held captive.

"They will kill us or worse - sell us again. The girls would rather kill themselves right now than go back there. We need another plan."

The little driver was trying her best to seem brave and fearless, but her old cellmate already knew that it was just a facade. She was even more afraid than the ones she was protecting.

The rescuer finally spoke.

"I don't want you to come with me. I am the one who needs to go back. You and the girls can stay hidden until you find a safe place to go. The meds and food I stole won't be of much help for too long."

She caressed the head of one girl whose left arm was paralysed after all the torture she had endured. Now she was sleeping with her belly full and with the hope that she was finally safe. Safe from all those men using them, abusing them, torturing them... She felt the same wave of energy invading her body like before. The pain. All that pain and suffering.

"I am going to leave tonight. You stay here with the girls."

"You can't drive."

"I will find a way to reach Jakku on my own."

The little driver pondered her pal's plan still not being able to understand what was she going to do once she reached Jakku. She left the living room and entered the kitchen. She grabbed a chocolate bar and ate it enjoying every single bite. Their abductors had fed them well, but only enough to survive whatever they had in plan for them. And then, when all thirteen of them started 'misbehaving', the portions had diminished significantly. That's why they had decided to sell them and send them across the border once they were no longer of use to them. She looked at her scars. Now she was able to see that they were all names. The names of those who had raped her for the past months. She knew that there were girls there who had survived for years before suddenly disappearing. They just happened to plan their exit much quicker.

She threw the wrapper in the garbage can and went back in the living room. Some girls were asleep in the bedrooms upstairs, but some were sleeping on the sofa under he friend's care.

"I am coming with you."

The other girl shook her head.

"It's my mission. Besides... the girls need you."

"You all need me. We all need each other right now, including you yourself. If we leave now, I will be able to return by lunch."

"No."

"I don't think you get it. I am not asking for your permission."