𝕥𝕨𝕠

I stated down at the Instagram message in complete shock. Surely I'm dreaming, I thought. There was no possible way that Lando had seen my message, let alone replied in a manner that prompted a response from me. How do I play it? Cool? Thirsty? Fan-girl? So many possibilities but I let my heart decide for me.

Despite my shaky hands, I began to type out a response to Lando. If I am dreaming, this is one of the best dreams I've had in a while. Deep breathes helped to keep my heart rate at a pace that didn't feel like my ribs were about to break.

@y/u/n:
Is your battery dead? Cause I'd love to jump you

I love my bed but I'd rather be in yours 😉

I know your busy today, but can you add me to your to-do list?

thanks for playing along btw.
ur a snacc 😉❤️

I had to put my phone face down to stop me from staring at my screen, waiting for a response. As much as I would love to stay awake and thirst my way into Lando's heart, sleep was important to me, too. I just had to keep telling myself as I closed my eyes that he might not even reply until the morning anyway. If I were to stay awake, it'll hurt even more if he doesn't reply back. Gosh, I'm getting attached already! Just go to sleep Y/N!

I shuffled back underneath my quilt, pulling it up to my chin. It took a while of rolling around, just trying to get comfortable before I concluded that a glass of water would help. Water was the best bet in getting rid of my hangover. I hoped that if I could get rid of the headache, the other uncomfortable feelings would go away, too.

When I returned to my bedroom, I placed the glass of water (which was almost empty already; I was thirstier than I thought) on the bedside table next to my phone. I had to restrain myself from checking the device to see if there were any notifications from Lando. The morning will be a good a time as any to check the messages, and then I'll even have enough energy to reply.

***

My alarm was set on full volume. I didn't regret it until it blared at seven o'clock in the morning. Groaning, I rolled onto my side and hit snooze. I would've just turned back over until the next alarm but a particular notification caught my eye from three hours ago: @landonorris has sent you a private message. I didn't hesitate to open it this time.

@landonorris:
What has 36 teeth and holds back the Incredible Hulk? My zipper

I'm not good at algebra but doesn't U+I= 69 🤔😏

Fuck me if I'm wrong, but haven't we met before?

Do you want me to give you an Australian kiss? It's like a French kiss but down under 😘

I'll be keeping an eye on you, babe.

Only when I was about to reply did I realise that I had another notification: @landonorris has started following you. Oh my God.

~***~
chapter two!
what's been your favourite pick up line used so far?

meg & lys