Let's Dance

The building was elegant. A bluenette walked into the doors in her pink dress. She noticed all the lavishing people that surrounded her at the entrance. She fixed her hair and made sure the thin braids that exit from her circular clips to the pink hair elastic that held up the rest of her hair was in place.

She was quite fond of how her dress looked. The girl was extremely happy that four weeks working on her dress had paid off.

"Dawn!"

Said girl turned around and saw a much taller looking man who wore a friendly smile. He was accompanied by a younger boy, but still older than her.

"Reggie! Wow! It's been a while since we've met, huh?"

The man nodded. He brushed back his dark purple hair and laughed. "It was nice of Fantina to have invited us to come to her party."

Dawn nodded. "I'm surprised that Fantina knew you - no offense that is!"

Reggie shook his head. "I used to visit Fantina with Maylene every month. So it's not a problem."

"Can I go now?"

Both of them turned to look at the slightly tan boy. His hair was too purple, but a lighter shade. He had pulled his hair back into a small ponytail - but resembling more of a tail of a bunny instead.

"Paul," Reggie started. "I told you that you needed to come with me. It'll be good to go out once in a while. And look, Dawn's here too! So I'm sure you both will get a long, now that you're all older."

Dawn rolled her eyes. Her hands idly played with the dress. Paul and Dawn had met each others gaze but were stubborn to acknowledge their existence.

"Whatever. I'm going inside then." Paul said curtly. He purposely slammed his shoulder against Dawn's. She stumbled back a little before she stuck her tongue out at him when he walked into the ballroom.

"Ugh! That's so like him!" She hissed. Dawn heard Reggie laugh and turned her head to face him.

"Aw, come now, Dawn. He's just being shy."

Dawn tilted her head and had crossed her arms in front of her. "Please. Paul? Shy? I don't think the word 'shy' is even in his vocabulary, Reggie."

"Oh, on the contrary, my dear friend." Reggie stopped and looked into the direction Paul had stalked off too seconds before. "As his older brother, I can definitely tell that he is shy."

The girl watched with knitted brows and a small frown as Reggie continued to stare into the doorway to the ballroom with a smirk that showed his slightly crooked teeth.

~oOo~

Dawn had entered the ballroom first since Reggie had to stay behind to greet a couple more people. The girl noticed most of the teens and young adults were whispering and giggling as they tried hard to discreetly point at the bluenette as she walked past them.

"You seem to be awfully popular, Troublesome."

She sighed and licked her lips. Her hands were placed firmly on her hips as she did a one-eighty turn to face the man that was standing behind her.

"And what do you care, Paul?"

He smirked. "I don't."

Dawn groaned and had walked away from the lavender haired boy. During the past thirteen years, he has still been the same. Rude, arrogant, disrespectful and crass towards basically everyone. It was a good thing that she had matured out of her younger self.

She heard footsteps that followed closely behind her. Dawn quickened her pace but it was of no use since the mysterious stalker had caught up to her in an instant.