Season 1: Episode 4: To The Rescue

As the Serenity was flying through space, Ashton and Ryan were playing ping pong in the War Room while Alicia, Josiah, and Gavin all watched. Ryan scored a point against Ashton.

Ashton: What the fuck?

Ryan: Score one for me.

Ashton: Alright. I'll get you this round.

Millie began contacting the squad through the War Room's intercom.

Millie: Hey, you guys.

Alicia: What's up?

Millie: General Hanson needs to contact you all right away.

     Josiah: Must be important.

     Gavin: Yep.

     The squad went to the transmission. The transmission turned on and General Hanson appeared.

     General Hanson: Good afternoon. I've got an assignment for you guys.

     Josiah: What assignment is it, sir?

     General Hanson: It's a search and rescue mission. We have enemies that invaded one of our outposts on Tegala. You need to find and rescue the scientists because as far as I've heard, all or at least most of the soldiers are dead.

Gavin: Scientists?

General Hanson: Yes. Before the scientists were captured, they were researching in the ruins of an ancient temple. [An image of an alien diamond appears] They were trying to find a certain type of diamond called the Diamond of the Ancients.

Ryan: Diamonds are valuable. We could just bring those back on Earth for the government to sell them for profit. Can we?

General Hanson: Not these diamonds. No. Legend has it that anyone who touches these diamonds are said to have terrifying visions of the future.

Alicia: Would you mind if you explain it more to us?

General Hanson: Unfortunately, that's all the information that I can give you. Nobody knows anything about these diamonds. Not even our scientists.

Ashton: Perhaps we all need to get going if we're to ever rescue the scientists.

Ryan: Yep.

General Hanson: Be careful out there, you guys and good luck.

     Gavin: Thank you, sir.

     The transmission turned off. The squad started heading to the Serenity's Armory.

     Josiah: Let's hope that this mission will be worth it.

     Ashton: Hey, Millie. Set our destination for Tegala.

     Millie: On it.

The Serenity started flying to Tegala. Back on Tegala, a strange being was running through the forest trying to escape from unknown soldiers. The unknown soldiers started firing at the strange being, but he then dodged the bullets. The strange being then jumped through a hole which leads to a cave. The unknown soldiers stopped firing and were leaving to go their location. The strange being stopped at the entrance to their temporary hideout and started gasping for air. The strange being, a human named Pedro Moran, took off the hood and looked back. Nothing was there, so he went inside the hideout. Pedro saw two soldiers, Andrew Cathey and Jason Dye, desperately trying to figure out a way to rescue the scientists.

     Pedro: What are you guys doing?

     Andrew: Trying to find some way to rescue the scientists.