nineteen

a weeks past since steven and conner decided to just be friends and so far it was going well.

they got back to acting like their usual selves and steven couldn't have asked for more.

and him and tom have actually started calling each other more often too, always picking on the other and slightly flirting with the other but quickly hiding it with an insult.

conner and angeleek would always over hear the conversations between the two and would always quietly report back to the other about what they said and try not to blurt out what they heard when steven enter the room but, conner would always somehow mess that up.

"and then steven said-"

conner was interrupted by the sounds of stevens footsteps approaching and shut his mouth.

'not this time.' he said to himself zipping his mouth and tbrowing away the 'key'.

angeleek looked to him and rolled her eyes.

she knew that he was going to blurt it out in 3... 2... 1-

"why did-"

"im sure you look amazing underneath that spiderman costume!" conner mocked lovingly.

steven stopped mid sentence and started to laugh, "it was emotional support for a spiderman in need."

angeleek slapped conners shoulder and looked to steven, he couldn't keep a secret even if his life depended on it.

"so, is it safe to say...?"

"no. we are not..." steven said, not even knowing  to describe his and toms 'relationship'.

"what? it's been almost three months, and haven't you guys made plans about metting-" ang stopped herself before she could say more but it was already to late.

"oh! so im bad at keeping secrets!" conner mocked as he looked to angeleek.

"wow, you guys really are nosey." steven said as he went to the fridge for a pear.

"well, i wouldn't say that... more of a"

"stalker, creep, happen to be near my door every time I'm on the phone."

"exactly. you get it steve." conner said taking stevens pear and taking a bite.

steven let out a chuckle and playfully rolled his eyes.

"so im guessing you guys also know when?" he said, not putting it past them that they listened that long, an hour to be exact.

"uhhh-" angeleek pretended to think.

"we're leaving saturday." steven said as he walked back off to his room.

conner and angeleek both looked shocked towards steven as the words left his mouth, 'we'.

angeleek got up from her seat and started jumping up and down screaming in excitement.

a smile spread across conners face but before he started to celebrate he check the calendar on the fridge.

"wait, todays... friday?" conner said confused.

angeleek stopped her celebrating and grabbed her phone in panick.

"it's monday, conner?" steven said as turned back around looking into the kitchen, giving his best friend a confused look.

angeleek turned on her phone and could confirm it was monday.

"conner, you idiot!" angeleek said but got back to screaming and running around the house in excitement.

conner let the insult slid and rushed to steven pulling him in a hug, lifting him up.

"okay, conner-" steven let out but stopped mid sentence,  conner was actually pretty warm and comfortable and steven was really tired, so it didn't take long until he fell asleep in conners arms, his head resting between his friends neck and shoulder.

angeleek came running from behind them and saw steven asleep.

she stopped and smiled to herself, "he really is sleep deprived." she let out a chuckle.

conner tilted his head back and saw steven eyes closed asleep.

"I'll take him to his bed." conner said as he carefully took steven to his room trying not to wake him.

as he laid steven down he put the covers over him and fluffed his pillow, "goodnight, bud" he said as he walked off silently, closing the door behind him, while steven was still sound asleep.