Chapter 17

Rhaenys' Pov

I couldn't stop thinking what Yeva said the previous day.

Rhaena loves Rhaenys. She wants her to be part of our group.

Why? We hardly talked. I think it is obvious that she is trying to...

My thoughts were interrupted with a knock on the door.
"Come in," I said.
"Hi." Rhaena opened the door and walked in.
I wasn't expecting this.
"Hi. Do you need anything?" I asked.
"Yes. I am a member of the student council and I was wondering if you would like to join." She smiled.
So the Rhaena I heard about was definitely not this Rhaena. She doesn't go to the door to door asking people to join something. She had her minions to do her jobs. Something was definitely off. I could feel it and why wouldn't be? After all, she knew who I was. Even I was aware of who she was and all this time I thought that I was the only one with a disguise.

"You are going to reject the offer? Isn't it?" She said still maintaining the smile on her face. Well, that was exactly what I was thinking. God bless twin telepathy.
I smirked, "I have to. I just want to focus on my academics and sword skills for now. Maybe next year."
"Oh well. If that's the case."
"Thanks for understanding."
"No problem but we are always looking for volunteers through the year to help with the festivals and other things in our outside campus. So feel free to join, whenever you want to."
"Sure. I will think about it."
"Yes, you should do something good in life sometimes." She smiled.
"What do you mean?" I had a straight face.
"Oh. I meant that in general. You know..."
"Got it." I nodded my head and gave a weak smile. She just turned back to leave the room when I called her name and said, " Thanks for including me in your group."
She turned her head sideways and said "No problem." and started walking. She tripped on my sneaker but I held her by her arm before she could fall.
"Watch your step," I said.
"Trust me I always do my calculations before I take a step but this wasn't a part of my calculation." She smiled and left the room. 

I found her ways odd she knew who I was, she knew who Damian was and still, she kept quiet.

What is she up to?

"May I come in?" I heard Aaro's voice.

"The door is open, you don't have to ask." I hugged him.

"Yes but you kinda look lost."

"Trust me I am fine." 

"Okay good. So what are we going to do now?" He said as he held my hands with his and swung them like a kid and that made me giggle. I freed my right hand from his, picked up my notebook from the desk. " You are going to study history. I made notes for you." I handed my notebook to him and said, " And I am going to meet Damian."

He let go off my other hand and said, " Why?"

"Because I promised him that I will see him after school in the library."

"You can do that later on." He made a puppy face.

"Don't make that face and I can't I am sorry. Dragon Tongue is really tough to learn, the more time we give to it the better."

He was still making that face.

"Bye now."

"Fine bye but dinner with me okay."

I took my bag and said, " I will text you. Now let's go."

Damian's pov

I went through the books while waiting for Rhaenys and it looked tough.

Why am I doing this to myself? Do I really need to learn the Dragon Tongue? My gut is telling me, yes but I don't know.

"Hey! I hope I didn't make you wait for long." Rhaenys kept her bag on the table and sat beside me.