Q for Questions

"Do you really wanna know..? " Gary grabbed a handful of her hair as he looked into her eyes. Then he nodded, "alright... I'll tell you why.." he sat near her. ".... Owen and I... were friends..at first.. I was in charge of tax in Newcastle at the time.. He earned a lot...his businesses, foster house funds, charity....which in turn, he had to pay a lot of taxes....He didn't want to...So one he day invited me to his house and made a deal. I'll hide his tax reports and he'll let me have one of his girls...

   "That 's when you came in...too young..too fresh... I accepted the offer.... It was fun and satisfying.... But only for a couple of months...then I got bored... And I needed money...so I planned something else...
    " I tried to blackmail him. I said I'll expose him if he  wouldn't agree to give me a 50% share of his profits... But Owen, that pain in the ass, turned it down...told me that if he goes down, he'll take me with him...and he has all the proof to do so....

    " I had to think of another way...I started transferring some of his earnings to my account... That asshole...he filed a case against me for that... Then I wondered, why just 50%...when I could get the whole 100..
   " I placed a hidden camera inside his room... Owen didn't know or care..... He didn't care who else would use you...I hid the video for later use....Then he took another girl for his bait.. Tiffany....that's when I actually got the plan cleared in my head...

     ".. Everything fell into place... I had to have a victim and a convict... No one knew that I have ever been to the foster house, not even any foster kids except you or Tiffany...  'cause Owen didn't want any suspicion that I'm being bribed...It was all confidential, again in my favour..."
     Gary sighed, lifting his head, not a single drop of guilt inside his words.  "... I heard how the locals said you were weird... used bad language....got into fights..had no friends.. wander at night... So people assumed you did boys and girls everywhere, ..perfectly fitting for for my plan...perfect picture of the culprit..."

        She tried to look away from him, her nostrils flaring as she breathed. But Gary did not let go of his grip, muttering into her hair as if he was enjoying seeing her suffer. She growled, " You killed them!.. It was you! "

        ".. No sweet heart it was you... Don't decide before you hear the whole story .... " Gary said. "... Few days later, I went and asked Owen one last time... He had just finished his bedtime with Tiffany then... He refused... unlucky for him.... I had brought a bat with me....he was exhausted and easy.... Tiffany came to check what the sound was... And screamed with her shrieking voice and tried to run... I caught her and hit her too in the head.. both were just unconscious... I had to keep it that way...
       "Then was the serious part.... I had to get you to me.... I opened Tiffany's phone... it was unlocked with a fingerprint and to my luck, I had her whole body...I went to her facebook account and posted your sex video...it reached people within seconds... "He smirked.,".. You could have been a star you know....
     "Then I waited. I wanted to get you come to me.... I looked at the comments and god, even looking at them made me feel angry.." He laughed".. Then 2 hours later... I sent a message to you from Tiffany's account... Something like "I have more! Come meet me now!.. And you sent a messaged back something hateful and angry.. Lucky for me...

    "... Then you came.... you were surprised to see me... You didn't see the bodies yet...and asked if I knew where Tiffany was... I said inside.... you went inside and I closed the door..I heard you scream maybe just a second later... You were suddenly gone when I came for you... You almost ruined my plans! But I found you soon... hiding like a coward inside a closet and dialing someone... I knocked you and took your phone... But the person dialed back...
      " Then I made a conversation from your phones... It was funny 'cause I was like blaming myself from  text messages... But whoever that pain in the ass was... He didn't stop calling you..but now I realise.. maybe it was Ray, calling his damsel in distress.... I texted him too.... something like it's all over. I've had enough of this...
     "... Then I took Owen's and Tiffany's bodies to his car.... And yours into his old one...or so I thought you were dead... I called Pete and told him what to do... He was trustworthy, would do any kind of shit for money... we drew the cars into a place where no one else was... And it was night time... no one was around... We geared and hit your accelerator  into Owen's. And boom! It blasted into flames! See...you caused that crash... You drove into it... You killed them! " He chuckle, his eyes shrewd.

      "Soon the cops arrived... And I volunteered as the lead detective at the crime scene.... It was easy,  evidence was planted, the motive was clear, the victims and culprits... everyone was surprised at first but soon they accepted it... They didn't want the foster house in town...so took it down... again in my favour... No one was gonna have any physical evidence that I had been there.. " Gary glimpsed at her.

      She growled, her tone trembling.
"....Then you bribed that lawyer.. didn't you!... to withdraw the trial against you... So there'd be no suspicion against you! "

     Gary smiled wickedly, his teeth flaring at her. " yeah... It is good to be rid of him....till now I had to pay 4 grand each month...for nothing.. that shit hole...couldn't appreciate what I gave...wanted to call the police...!" He sighed.
     " Honestly, I thought it was all a prank... Then I saw you in my office that day! I was speechless...I wondered how the hell could you have survived! Was that a ghost! A twin sister! Or an imposter! Then I realised someone should be behind this... I was shocked when I saw detective Raymond Andrews was actually Sebastian May... I had forgotten if someone like that even existed...that son of a bitch!"

     Amber hadn't realised she had been crying now.

      Kiara... My name is Kiara... She thought to herself.

      All her life had been a lie. Since a week she had suspected Kiara was the culprit...Since about an hour, she had been Kiara, the culprit herself. But right now in shocking revelation, it all seemed wrong. Everything in her life had turned upside down.
   She felt as if she had always been the victim. Abused, helpless and framed for a crime she did not commit. She had been blamed by the world while the real culprit was praised and free.

     A phone suddenly rung. It was Gary's. He looked at the number and answered it, while still pointing the gun at her face.

     "Chief Lincoln..." it was Moby calling at the end of the line. He sounded worried. "...Sebastian May aka Raymond Andrews was found dead 50 feet down the cliff..."

     Gary sighed, as if he was upset. " God... That's awful... That's really awful..."

    " Yeah.. It is...anyways, he had no chance of surviving... He was shot twice on the chest and broke his neck when he fell off the cliff... " Moby's voice was shaking, he could not control his sob. " Man.. No matter what he did... I never thought he'd end up that way... "

     Gary nodded,".... I understand... "

    "Chief.. Did you find that her? Kiara or Amber whatever?" Moby groaned. "I knew from the moment I saw her, there was something wrong.... I should have seen it..."

     Gary winked at the girl on the floor. He rubbed her lips from the gun tip, reminding her to keep shut. " I'm entering her apartment.... I heard a loud shot from the inside... I'll check inside and inform you as soon as I find her...."

     Her stomach lurched as he put down the phone. She growled at the bald man who was enjoying, as he examined his wailing victim. "..It was you! It was always you! You killed Owen! You killed Tiffany! And left me to die inside a car!  You destroyed my life! Framed me for murder! You tried to kill my brother! You made me shoot Ray!"

     Gary shook his head. " It's only your side of story.. There's no way you can prove any of it..... And even if there is, there is no way I'll let you do that..."

     She gasped. Her eyes widened as she heard the gun load, pressed tightly to her forehead. "... What.. Are you... are you gonna kill me..?"

      "Didn't you hear the part where I said I heard a loud shot..?" Gary slided the gun to her temple. " That's when you killed yourself.... You carried the gun you shot Ray with...knowing that you have no chance of escaping prison,  you killed yourself with it.."

     "No , no...!" she begged. " Please..! I won't tell anyone please... I won't!"

     "And am I supposed believe that shit?" Gary shook his head. "Do you think I'd have told you everything if I'm going to let you live..? I dont leaving witnesses at a crime scene ... definitely not twice..."

    He pressed the gun to her temple. She weeped in fear, as she breathed up and down. Tears ran down her face as she sobbed for herself.

      She tightly closed her eyes as she heard him pull the trigger. Then everything suddenly went dark and quite.