Chapter 1

• • •

"Troublesome."

"Shut up, Shigaki, you are starting to sound like Shikaku-sama."

"Fight me."

"Just hurry up and eat will ya," an annoyed young women said. She had short black hair and sparkling grey eyes.

"It's to much to bother to walk over to the table to eat, Onē-san," a boy, no older than 10 said. His hazel eyes are half open and still have sleep in them.

"Just hurry up you lazy ass! You need to get to school!" The woman starred down at him a frown on her face as he laid lazily on the couch.

"Nah, I'd rather just lay here all day and do absolutely nothing."

The women stayed silent for a moment, than an evil smirk graced her face, "Than I guess I'll just go steal your Shogi board and you won't see it ever again."

"Shima-onē-san! What the hell? The Shogi Board Incident was all your fault?!" The boy jumped up from his seat on the couch and ran to the kitchen, totally forgetting about his reluctance to get up.

"Haha! Loser!" Was his older sisters respond to him as he franticly looked around the kitchen for his food.

He quickly shoveled the bacon and eggs into his mouth, chewing as fast as he could and than quickly set the plate in the sink. He ran out of the kitchen down a hall way, skidding on his socks around a corner as he cursed from almost falling to the ground. Another string of profanity was mumbled under his breath as he rushed into the bathroom, typing up his mess of a hair and trying to look as presentable as possible.

Walking back to the kitchen, he grabbed his bento from the fridge and put it in his backpack with the rest of his school supplies. Quickly walking to the front door, he pulled on his shoes and ran out the door, muttering a quick goodbye and exclaiming how everything was a drag.

:::

Back in the house, the women, earlier named as Shima, the boys older sister, flopped onto the couch. "Damn, what a drag," a slight pause, "Ah shit, now I'm starting to sound like Shikaku-sama."

A man with long black curly hair, pulled into a high ponytail and a scruffy beard walked into the room and chuckled at the young women.

"Ahh, shut up Toū-san. I had to put so much unneeded energy into that kid just to get him to leave the house while you just laid lazily in bed," Shima dramatically said and put her arm over her face.

"To be fair, I just got back from a mission last night."

"Shush. Just let me be lazy before Hana-chan comes over."

The man chuckled again and ran a hang over his beard, "Fine, fine. Well, I gotta get going soon anyways. Gotta Shogi game with Shikaku-san and need to get ready," he walked out of the room and as he was walking through the doorway to the bathroom he said, "Don't break any furniture while Hana-chan is here."

A choke of surprise came from Shima, "Toū-san!"

:::

The boy, just recently named Shigaki lazily walks around a corner, nearing a building with "Academy" written on it. Another joins him, a girl, just slightly taller than him. Her dreaded hair is up in a messy bun and she has a small smile on her face.

"Morning, Shigaki-kun!" A fluffy white dog with grey highlights yips, also greeting Shigaki.

He looks at the two with a slightly less lazy look, offering them a small smile, "Morning, Annaisha-chan," he than looks at the small dog, "Morning to you to Wakana."

After the quick greeting the three of them fall into comfortable silence.

Soon they near the academy building, the sound of children of all ages is almost overwhelming as everyone rushes to there first class of the day. Small conversation is made between others they pass and some join them in the walk to class.

The two once entering the noisy class, find a seat near the back next to the window. Shigaki decides to pass the time before class starts by reading a book while Annaisha quietly plays with her ninkin dog, Wakana.

The two, one a Nara and the other an Inuzuka where not your stereotypical Nara and Inuzuka. Both, where what most would call "half breeds." The term was offensive and was usually only used by those that did not like those that married outside of there clan. In this day and age, this was still a very new thing. It wasn't necessary frowned upon by most but it was in no way normal.

Both the clans, being less traditional than most did not care about them being the product of a clan member marrying outside the clan. They treated them as any other clans member and didn't discriminate against them.

However, clan such as the Uchiha and Hyūga where a little less forgiving. Of course, they couldn't outright say anything about it, however there judging stares was enough to know there thoughts.

Surprisingly, even though Shigaki and Annaisha where completely different, they got along quite well and eventually became very close friends. The two, one being on the quieter side and the other on the louder side balanced each other out quite nice.

The classroom slowly starts to fill up with more students, the once quiet room turning into a bustling frenzy of young teens. This doesn't last long as a teacher enters the room, silencing them and starting class.

•••

Guess what?! Another story because I constantly have a shit ton of ideas and can't sleep if I don't write them down. Also, because of commitment issues.

Anyways, I'm not the best at starting story's but I hope you like it. Constructive criticism is highly appreciated. I will most likely not change these chapters (I don't really edit at all. I try to do as little as possible because I have dyslexia and editing is so damn hard.) but I'll definitely take the suggestions into consideration while writing future chapters.