v. the game of fame !

THE GAME OF FAME !

. . .

Thalia's eyes widened dramatically in disbelief, unable to apprehend Avery's reluctance to accompany her to the Quidditch fields that afternoon.

'Oh please, you need to come! It's the event of the year!'

Avery rolled her eyes and let herself fall back on the covers of the bed, her limbs spread wide like a starfish.

'I don't even own any appropriate garments, nor would I know who to root for.'

'Excuse me?! You'll root for Gryffindor of course! The only ones who root for Slytherin are Slytherins themselves or people dumb enough to date or befriend a Slytherin. And don't worry about garments. Just put on any red or gold clothing you have and it will suffice.'

A sigh escaped Avery's lips and she looked sideways at Thalia, who was energetically adorning herself in anything red and gold she could find, unable to contain her excitement. She was relentless in trying to convince Avery to come watch the Quidditch game with her. According to her, it was more than just a game.

'Fine! I'll come with you. But I don't know anyone, so if you leave me alone for even a second I will be out of there in no time.'

Thalia glanced at the ceiling in thought, shrugged and then added: 'Fair enough. You will have to let me paint your face in return then.'

Avery shot upright in shock and stared at the girl, aghast at her deviousness.

'That was not part of the deal!'

Thalia's laughter could be heard echoing down the tower far from the room as she struggled to remove the packaging from a new box of face paint and cosmetics.

. . .

The haze of red and gold advanced towards the stadium, buzzing with excited chatter at the prospect of seeing Gryffindor win the game from Slytherin. Avery was clad in a scarlet jumper with golden thread decorating the sleeves and neckline, her golden brown hair tied up into a messy bun, loose strands framing her face. The most striking part of her appearance had to be her face, Thalia had truly gone all out with the swirls and splotches of red and gold she had decorated Avery's skin with.

Her eyelids had gotten a golden shade, bringing out the emerald green of her eyes perfectly. Her lips were painted the same crimson colour as her cheeks. The spitting image of Gryffindor's emblem was sitting on her forehead, said lion miraculously well crafted. Around the edges of her face, specifically her jawline, golden swirls had been applied, crawling down her throat to vanish from sight into the turtleneck of her jumper.