Chapter 10.

I woke up to a big boom, I sat up realizing I was still on my bed and the room was pitch black. I remember leaving my lamp on before I went to sleep, and now it's off. Confused and still half asleep, I rub my eyes and try to focus and look around the black room. I hear a big boom again causing everything around me to shake. My heart races and my palms began to sweat.

I get up and walk to the light switch, I push it but nothing happens. Great the power must be out, I thought to myself. I hurry and scramble to throw on the clothes I wore earlier, that where thrown by my bed. Once I manage to put them on. I feel for my shoes and grab them and put them on. I walk over to the door assuming if the power is out then the door security system should be down to.

I reach the handle and turn it, with success it opens. I walk into the black hall. Another boom shakes through the building. At this point it's obvious to me, it's storming and the power is out.

I try to remember the way down the hall feeling the wall to a get to the slide doors that I believe will lead me out. Only one problem there's no power for them to open.

I huff to myself, I move to the other wall and feel a door handle. Just as I reach it I hear footsteps walking down the hall and I hear a deep voice that sends chills down my spine, It's Harry. I panic and open the door not sure where it's going to lead me, I rush in and shut it quietly.

I hear Harrys voice down the hall, where I assume my room would be. I hear a door open then a deep growl.

"Fuck she's gone! They better get the generators up and running! I am not going to have her escape from me!"He yells at someone that is with him.

I hear his footsteps quickly walk down the hall as he cusses under his breath. His footsteps stop when he gets in front of the door to where I'm hiding. I look around but I realize I am only in a janitors closet. I panic and pray he doesn't come in. I hear the door handle jiggle and the door slightly open. A males voice I don't recognize yells from down the hall.

"They need you Harry, they are working on trying to get the generators up and running, but there's to many to fight off. And their going to get in the building if we don't stop them."

"Great this is just great, I loose this girl and now these dumb fucks are deciding to attack us. Out of all the days, today is the day they decide to do it." He yells punching the wall beside the door.

"You need to keep looking for her, I can't have them getting their hands on her she's to important." He snaps.

"Ok, I will keep looking." The unfamiliar male voice says.

"Well she's not anywhere around here so try the next floor and see if she's there, she couldn't have gotten far. Take the stairs until we can get the elevators up and running. Now hurry and find her and when you do let me know through the walkie - talkies and I will come get her." He growls and I hear him leave, seeing his flashlight move back and forth as he runs down the hall.

I wait until there's no sound but my breathing. I leave the closet and hurry to move in the opposite direction Harry went. As I begin to run not being able to see anything I smack into something hard and fall to the ground, I suddenly feel a light on my face.

I panic and my heart beats out of my chest. I couldn't make out who the person was until I heard them speak.

"Well, well what do we have here?" Zayn says shinning his flash light down at me.

I scramble to my feet trying to stand up. Just then the lights come back on, indicating the generators are now working.

"Well Harry is dealing with a couple issues right now, so I'm gonna need you to come with me and wait for him to come get you." He says grabbing my wrist.

I try to pull away but it only makes him angry.

"Come on! Stop being difficult!" He growls leading me down the hall.

He leads me to a door, he pulls out his card and swipes it. He pulls me in and shuts the door, it's pitch black until he hits the switch.

Letting go of my wrist he makes his way over to a small table that contained glass bottles of alcohol. He grabbed him a glass and poured him some. I look around and then realize we are in a apartment, his apartment!