Every Intelligent Man Needs an Intelligent Woman

"They say his intelligence is unrivaled throughout all the realms."

"Not only that, but he is an extremely powerful sorcerer that is not to be meddled with lightly."

"I heard that as well!"

You covered your face with your book, groaning quietly as the women went on for yet another hour. "There are other things to discuss."

"Clearly he is a catch intelligence-wise." the woman continued. "But his eyes! Oh, I could have turned to stone where I stood!"

A rumble of agreement came from across the common room rendering you to only bury your face farther into your book.

"However, I have heard he has quite a temper."

"Does he?"

"Indeed he does. A bit less than his brother. But it's certainly there. You must take care of how you speak in his presence."

"But he can also be very sweet as well, can't he? Have you seen the way he treats his mother? How he has attended to previous lovers?"

"Oh, but have you not seen his robes and armor? They simply glimmered in the light."

"The gold and green are gorgeous."

"I look particularly good in those colors."

"Oh please Anala, you look good in all colors."

"It's true!"

You sighed turning the page of your novel, attempting to enjoy your private time in the recreational room designed for you all. But along with the others sitting alone, you felt yourself further drawn into the desperateness of the cluster of women before you.

"I could imagine myself clutching onto his arm as he walks me through the garden whispering sweet things in my ear."

"If he chooses you of course. We all have a chance."

"All of us who were allowed the proper training of course. I in fact heard from my father that there are.... some who seem to lack that sort of thing. Brought here out of pity."

You could hear small laughs from the women below as their eyes slowly turned in your direction.

It really had been happening all night but frankly this was the final time you could handle the poor glares.

"It hardly matters. There are whispers that he is being quite selective with the process. He may even keep us here longer than a week!"

"How marvelous!"

"I only hope some of us are here longer than others." Anala below commented, turning her eyes up to you sitting above her. "Don't you agree, Nova?"

You finally stopped reading with a huff, slamming your book closed and standing up, finally having enough with the woman below. Ignoring all the odd glances as you glided your way to the door of the room without giving them the satisfaction of a response.

"Oh, don't be that way." Lucille teased with a pouted lip as you passed.

"Shes shy. So very shy." Aria mocked.